PART 2.

SAM POV:
I wake up to the bright sunlight entering through the huge windows. I try to move but something's holding me down, well, someone. Tony is leaning on my left arm and is holding my right arm tightly around him, I try to gently remove my arms but it's no use. I decide to just let him sleep, so I close my eyes again and get as comfortable as I can. After a while, he wakes up, but doesn't want to get out of bed. I end up having to push him off the bed. When his head pops up and he pouts, I start laughing “It's your own fault, I told you to get up.” His body is still on the floor, but he rests his head on the bed looking up at me “Why can't we just have a lazy morning? It's not like we have anything to do today.” “I already skipped my morning run because none of us got back in till really late and I laid here until you woke up.” “How long you been up?” I look at the clock “Bout 2 hours.” “Oh… alright then.” We take turns in the bathroom, then head to the kitchen together for lunch, since we missed breakfast.

As soon as we walk into the kitchen, Natasha speaks “Afternoon lazies.” I point to Tony “Blame him.” “Babe!” As we grab some food and sit down to eat, I notice Natasha staring at Tony's bare chest “Natasha?” She looks to me and her eyes widen a little “Sorry, just thinking.” Steve looks concerned “Is everything okay?” She nods, but by the look on Bucky's face, he isn't convinced. Natasha looks to me “Can I talk to you a sec?” Everyone looks suspicious, but I finish my mouthful and follow her out of the room. We stop in the only room, apart from the bedrooms, that doesn't have a camera “What's wrong?” “Your soulmates…” I can tell she's struggling to word whatever it is she's trying to say.

Is she having a problem? Has Bucky done something to her and she's worried about telling Steve?

“Whatever it is, just talk to them about it.” “What?” “If you're having a problem they're the best people to talk to, I recommend Steve.” She shakes her head “I don't have a problem. This is about you.” “Me?” “Yeah. Back when the Avengers first came together the six of us had a conversation about soulmates, about how many we each have, found or unfound. You and Tony are looking for one other, right?” “Yeah… where's this going?” “Can I see the other mark? I'm curious as to what it is.” “Do you know something?” “Possibly.”

Possibly!? This is great!

I can feel the huge smile on my face “Don't get excited just yet. Obviously patterns aren't unique, like Bucky and I, we both have the exact same soulmark, Steve has two guns on him. So it could just be that this person has a soulmate who is represented by the wing on Tony's chest.” “I assume you haven't seen a spanner anywhere?” “No, but I can't exactly go up to someone I've just met and ask them to show me their soulmarks. Obviously here it's not too big a deal because of our connections, but out there…” “It’s rude. It's fine, I'll show you.” I pull up my left trouser leg and roll down my sock, visible is a pair of ballet shoes. I look at Natasha for some kind of reaction, but she's a spy, so of course I can't tell “Well?” “Well… looks like I'd better make friends with her and persuade her to show me her soulmarks.” “She's a ballerina?” She nods “Don't say anything to Tony about it just yet, you know what's he's like. I want her to show me willingly.” I nod in understanding “Thanks.” “No problem.”