PART 19.

BRUCE POV:
"I'm not good at anything. I'm clumsy, ugly, boring, the only friend I've ever had is Wanda, and I don't even know why she sticks around."

You’re not that at all. I can't believe you think of yourself that way. I should tell her, I should tell her I'm one of her soulmates.

A tear rolls down her cheek and I wipe it away with my thumb "Hannah, you are beautiful, you're kind, you include everyone and you aren't boring to me. Don't let anyone tell you differently." "I... I..." I smile and wipe another tear away "You shouldn't be punishing yourself, you should be going out there and finding a way to make yourself happy. Like here, you love it here, you like taking photographs and you love looking at the stars."

I understand why my mark of her is represented by a star, because she loves the stars and because she brightens the way.

I take her hands in my own and look down at her wrists "When did it start?" "I don't remember, I've been doing it for so long." I let out a sigh and careful push up her sleeves, but something shakes me, there's a group of scars that doesn't look like self harm like the others.

Was that one of her soulmarks? Did she try to get rid of it?

I feel a tear fall out of my eye. I keep looking at her wrists as I speak "What happened there?" "I believe that people should find love on their own, not by being forced together by the universe. I was young and angry, I... I took it out on my soulmarks." I notice the scars are old "When did you stop?" She remains silent, I look up and look her in the eyes, which are full of tears.

HANNAH POV:
He takes a shaky breath "You still do it. Please, please stop. Don't do it anymore, I'll help you out of this, let me help you." "Why do you care so much?" "Because this clumsy, beautiful young woman in front of me is such an amazing person and I've fallen hard." Realisation hits me "You're one of my soulmates, aren't you?" I try to pull my hands from his, but he won't let go "Just listen to me a moment. Yes, I am one of your soulmates, Thor is the other, but I didn't know until this camping trip." "You've been trying to get close to me." "Because I wanted to learn more about you. I'm not going to force you into a relationship, I'm not going to force you to do anything. I know you hate the idea of soulmates, but I believe that people are brought together for a reason. For some strange reason most of the Avengers are soulmates with each other. For some strange reason Wanda is unmarked and just happened to fall in love with Vision, who is also unmarked. For some strange reason the three of you are connected to most of us."

Why? Why are we connected to them? And is he sure we're soulmates? How can he be sure?

"I don't understand why it has happened like this, none of us do, but we're making the most of what we have. I've done my best to ignore the soulmate part and focus only on you. I've learned how amazing you are and that's coming from me, not from the universe." "How sure are you?" "How sure? How sure am I about what?" "That we're soulmates. How do you know?" He looks confused "You don't feel it?" "Feel what?" "When I met you I could feel a burning on my soulmark, on my star." I shake my head "I didn't get that." He frowns "Perhaps that's because of the damage, but hey, it's okay." He gives me a smile and squeezes my hands.

Why does he have to have a smile like that?

"I know for sure. But like I said, I don't have to act on it, unless you want to." "What about Thor?" He chuckles nervously "He's a little different, he's loud and makes a mess, but he's a giant teddy bear. I think it will be best to wait until you know for sure what you want to do before meeting him, because when he meets you he'll never let you go. There is no escaping from Thor, he's one hell of a huger." We both laugh, it's strange, laughing, I don't remember the last time I properly laughed until now. He smiles brightly and it makes me smile.

What is this man doing to me? Maybe I should just let it happen.