PART 18.

HANNAH POV:
I wake up to the sun starting to rise, I quickly and as quietly as I can, to not wake the others up, unlock the tent and pull my camera out of my bag. I zip the tent back up and run through the path, I manage to jump over the roots and get through the path without tripping, I'm too determined to see the sunrise to get tripped. I run up the hill and take a photograph of the sun, which seems to have started rising not too long ago. I finally catch my breath and take photographs in all directions of the sun starting to hit the world, its breathtaking. I then realise something.

Bruce would like this.

I don't know why I'm thinking of Bruce, but I decide to act on it. I try to quickly make my way down the hill and end up falling, I roll down the hill and land at the bottom in a heap “Damn it.” I get up and put a hand to my head where it hurts, I feel a bruise forming, but I don't have time for a bruise. I run back to the camp, where everyone is still sleeping, I kneel beside Bruce and put my hands out to wake him up.

Should I or should I just let him sleep? What do I do? What do I do? To hell with it.

I shake him a little, he rolls over and opens one eye, I smile a little and whisper “Morning.” “What time is it?” “I don't know, but come on, there's something I want to show you.” I get up and start running back to the path, not waiting for him. When I get to the hill, my pace slows down as I climb, and I hear Bruce behind me. Once we're both up, we look to the sunrise. I raise my camera and take another photograph, before sitting down, Bruce sits down beside me “Wow…” “Yeah, I thought you might like it.” “I do.” I look at him and see him smile, he then looks to me. He looks up to my head and his smile disappears.

Don't mention it. Don't mention it. Don't mention it.

“How'd you hurt yourself?” "I'm fine, it's nothing.” He stands up and holds out hand for me “Come on, I've got a medical kit in my bag.” “It's fine, sit back down and watch the sunrise.” “Hannah.” I sigh “Fine. Sit down and watch the sunrise, then I'll let you look at it.” He nods and sits back beside me. When the sun is high enough that the sky has turned blue, we get up to leave, as we start making our way down the hill, Bruce holds my arm.

Why is he being so nice to me? I don't deserve this.

Once he's helped me down, we head back to camp, where everyone else is still sleeping. I put my camera back away and check the time to see it's nearly 7am.

BRUCE POV:
Back at camp I grab my backpack and we walk over to the river, she sits down and I sit opposite her. I pull out what I need and gently take Hannah's face in my hands, I tend to her wound. I notice she's watching me very carefully, but I try to ignore it and focus on her wound, when I'm done I let go "Did you hurt yourself anywhere else?" "Uh, I don't think so." "Let me check your hands." She lets me hold her hands, I feel butterflies in my stomach. I turn them palm up, they have some scratches, so I clean them up, as I'm doing so I notice some scarring on her wrists.

Please tell me those aren't what I think they are. Please tell me she doesn't.

I can't seem to draw my eyes away from them. I carefully push her sleeve up slightly and my thoughts were right, she quickly pulls her sleeve back down and pulls her hands to her body. I look up from where her hands were to see her panicking "Sorry. Are those... are those what I think they are?" She gulps and nods, she looks down at her lap "Why? Why did you do that to yourself?" She sniffs a little "I deserve it." I grab her chin in my hand and pull her face up, so she's looking at me "No one deserves that. Why could you possibly think that?" "I'm worthless. Everyone in my family got great grades at school, went on to a great job. Felicity owns a dance studio, she may not get to be the ballerina she always wanted to be, but she gets to help others achieve that. Rachel is a ballerina, she goes out and does shows, she's living her dream and then she works with Felicity. But me, I work behind a bar." "Don't look down on yourself like that, you can find a job you love."