PART 12.

WANDA POV:
“Hannah, I really don't like this.” “Shh!” She lays on the ground and I do the same. Faint voices can be heard from below, but I can't make them out. Then I hear what I'm pretty sure is a gunshot, we both jump, then there's another one. I shake my head and grab Hannah's hand, we both get up and run from the building. We run back up the hill, I have to pull her part the way because he feet just aren't cooperating. When we get to the top I pull her behind a bush, where we can still see the building, but not the entrance “What the hell was that!?” “Sounded like gunshots.” “Probably hunters or something. Maybe this is someone's land, they just haven't marked it or fenced it off.” “Did you hear any of what they were saying?” “No.” “Let's just hope they didn't hear us.” She swears “Wanda…” “What?” “Did we shut the trap door before running?” I pale “No.”

They'll definitely know someone was here now. We need to get it of here, right now.

“We need to go before they find us. They might not be so happy we were here.” “Their own fault for not locking it.” “This is serious, Hannah. We don't know who they are, we don't know what they'll do if they catch us. Please, we have to go.” She nods “Alright.” We get up to go and some figures walk out of the building. I pull Hannah back down behind the bush. We silently watch as the two figures, who are holding guns, look around, I notice a familiar logo on the shoulders.

HYDRA… Oh no, I have to call the Avengers.

I pull out my phone, but there's no signal, I bite down on my lip as the two figures keep looking around. After a few minutes and a close encounter, they walk back to the building. I whisper “We need to go and I have to call my friends.” “Why?” “Those weren't hunters or farmers or anything, they were HYDRA. This is bad, this is very bad.” She nods and we run the way we came, every now and again I look over my shoulder to make sure we're not being followed. When we get to the bus stop, Hannah looks at the timetable, then her watch “Next bus won't be here for almost hour, we missed the last one by 5 minutes.” “Damn it.” We both sit down and I pull my phone back out, I have one bar of signal. I dial Clint and hold it to my ear “Please work, please work.” “H-llo?” “Clint, can you hear me?” “Wa-da? I ca-t hear y-u.” “Track me. There's HYDRA here.” “W-t?”

CLINT POV:
I'm playing on the Xbox with Tasha when I get a phone call, I put it to my ear as I continue playing the game “Hello?” “Cli- ca- y-u hear me?” I look at he called ID to see it's Wanda “Wanda? I can't hear you.” “T-ck me. Th-rs h-ra here.” “What?” Then the line goes dead “Wanda alright?” “I don't know, the signal was terrible, could barely hear her.” “Try again in a minute, probably a bad area.” A few minutes later I try again “She's either turned her phone off or it's dead.”

WANDA POV:
Then the connection breaks “Ugh! Signal's not good enough.” “We should run.” “I don't think I can run much further.” “Okay, we'll walk, fast. Come on.” She pulls me to my feet and we start speed walking the way the bus came from when it dropped us off “Do you know where we're going?” “No, but we'll follow this road until we come to multiple options, then we'll be closer to civilisation and you should have better signal.” “Okay.” We speed walk for about 15 minutes and come to three different directions, my legs turn to jelly and I drop to the floor. I pull out my phone, but it seems to have died “Damn it!” “Still not enough signal?” “It's not that. My phone must've died.” “Well, you did use your phone the whole way here for music and at lunch and used it for photographs. I'm surprised it lasted that long. I'll call someone.” “Who?” “My big sister.”