PART 20.

HANNAH POV:
"So, where do we go from here?" "Whether you want friendship or a relationship I'm here for you. But the main thing I want to be is support, I want to help you through your bad days, okay?" I give him a nod "Thank you." I hear a noise coming from the camp "I think everyone's getting up now, we should probably get back." He stands up and offers me a hand, he pulls me to my feet and grabs his backpack, we walk side by side to the camp.

Rachel looks over to see us approaching "There you are, we were about to send out a search party." As we get closer, Felicity looks up from rolling up her sleeping bag, she frowns and runs over to me, she looks up at my forehead "What did you do this time? You need to be more careful." Bruce interjects "It's nothing major, she'll be alright, besides, it's a rather steep hill." She ignores him and focuses on me "What were you doing?" "Watching the sunrise." "You should've been sleeping. If you get worn out today, no one's carrying you." "I've done this before, I won't need carrying." "Maybe you should stop going on all these adventures, catch up on some sleep and get a proper job." She walks back to her sleeping bag as I stand there watching her go.

I'm useless...

I hear a voice in my ear, a conscience "You've done this before because it's something that makes you happy, don't let her take that from you. Remember what makes you happy and hold onto it." "Yes, Jiminy." I look over my shoulder, expecting him to be standing at least a foot behind me, but he's not, his head is almost touching my shoulder and his body is almost pressed up against mine. I feel a shiver down my spine, I notice how his big brown eyes look at me.

Bruce... why do you have to be so sweet? Why?

I bite down on my bottom lip out of nerves, he notices and looks down at them, he then looks back up to my eyes "Come on, Pinocchio, we've got an adventure to continue." He walks past me and I let out a shaky breath before following him. I roll up my sleeping bag and mat, Natasha has already taken down the tent, so I attach them to the outside of my backpack. I stand up and look around at everyone talking, I spot Bruce and he nods encouragingly, so I clear my throat and everyone looks at me "If you need to refill your water come get a tablet, if you need the toilet paper, let me know. We'll be leaving in 10 minutes, so make sure you eat something before we leave. If you need a cereal bar, I have some spares, too."

TONY POV:
Once we're ready, we walk in the opposite direction we came. Natasha asks about it "Aren't we heading back?" Hannah nods "We are, we're just taking a different route." She hands the map and compass to Bruce, after showing him a route, the pair lead the way. They walk faster than we did at any point yesterday, but no matter how many times we ask to slow down, neither of them listen. We've been walking for a few hours and my legs already feel like jelly. Someone needs a toilet break, so we stop and most of us go. We're about to have a snack, when Hannah gets back up. With my mouth hovering above a donut I brought I speak "Aren't we having a break?" "Not just yet, we're making good time, so we can stop at the next point. Come on, it'll be worth it."

I really don't expect anything will be worth the pain in my legs, the stitch in my side, the ache in my back and the growling in my stomach.

After another 20 or so minutes we exit the forest, we're at the edge of a cliff, looking out onto a vast ocean, most of us collapse onto the ground.