[Chapter 11]: Not So Bad

I know this is kind of random but I always wondered why all of the girls in bnha fawn over kamui woods when there's a whole ass Bakugou Katsuki right there

After dropping off the groceries you and Bakugou got, you started walking off again. "Where are you taking me?" He looked down at you grabbing his arm and dragging him along. You grinned, "you'll see."

___

"What the fuck, (L/n)?" He stared at the giant building in front of him. "Out of all the places...you picked a damn mall?!" He exclaimed. It goes without saying that Bakugou isn't and never has been one to go shopping, at the mall no less. 

You rolled your eyes. "Chill out and just follow me." He followed you through the doors, huffing and puffing. His mom had brung him to this mall a few times, and every single time he was bored out of his mind watching her pick out clothes for herself.

Bakugou would be lying if he said he wasn't shocked when instead of walking into forever 22, you walked into the pet store right next to forever 22. You turned around to face him. "I hope you're not allergic to dogs.." you said, trailing off. He shook his head and looked past you, at the countless number of dogs. "I'm not." Once he said that, you smiled in relief. "That's a relief! I was starting to worry that you were allergic to dogs." 

You walked into the shop. "You know we can't actually get a dog right? I don't think our parents would like it." You nodded at his statement. "I know, I just thought we could pet a few."

Bakugou shoved his hands into his pocket, watching you kneel down and pick up a baby golden retriever. "Aww, aren't you cute ya little baby~" You nuzzled him. You noticed that Bakugou was just standing there. "Are you not gonna pet them?" You asked while standing up. He shrugged and looked to the side. That's when he noticed a door.

He walked to the lady working there. "What's in that room?" He asked. "Oh. That's where we keep the cats. We keep them in there because they tend to try to run away a lot." You noticed Bakugous eyes suddenly light up. "Oh. Can we go in there?" The lady smiled and nodded. "Of course."

___

You definitely did not expect Bakugou to be a cat person. He was all over them, petting and cuddling them. And by the looks of it he wasn't really a dog person. This really surprised you, considering his intimidating personality and stuff.

Watching him run around the room like a crazy person petting cats, you noticed that he liked this one specific one in particular. It was a gray cat with white paws and a white muzzle. 

For some reason the cat wasn't playing with the rest of them, it was just laying on its bed in the corner. You decided to talk to the worker about it so you walked over to her.

She was a rather old lady, but she was still very attractive. She had a beauty mark right under her lip and her white hair was in a braid casted to the side. "What's that cats name?" You asked. She frowned slightly. "His name is Mittens. He's very sick so he has no energy to play with the other cats. For some reason nobody will adopt him." 

"Oh...The poor cat.." You looked over your shoulder and saw Bakugou sitting by Mittens and petting it with a distant look in his eyes. You could tell he felt pity for the cat even though he didn't know what was wrong with it. 

You sat next to him and leaned against the wall. "His name is Mittens." You said, scratching behind his ear. He nodded and pet him. As he pet him, Mittens back arched. It was really cute because he was obviously enjoying it.

"Do you want to adopt him?" You asked. "Hah? No.." He remarked. You smiled. "You know, I came here with money. I could get him for you." You said. Bakugou glanced at you. "I said I don't want him." You shrugged. "He's sick. I don't think he has much time left." Bakugou frowned at your words. "I think that his last days should be with someone taking care of him." You watched his face, it was really easy to read. You could tell you were starting to change his mind.

After a few seconds, he finally said something. "Fine. But I'm gonna pay for it with my own money." Before he could even finish his sentence, you were already giving the lady your money. His eyes widened, he kind of felt bad that you paid for him. Not that he would admit it.

You picked up Mittens and handed him to Bakugou. "He's all yours now." You grinned. 

___

While walking out of the store, you noticed that it was already dark out. Bakugou was holding Mittens in his arms and you were carrying a bag with cat essentials, like food.

"Hey, I was thinking that we could go to an arcade after this too." You said. While you were walking home from school one day, you saw Bakugou in an arcade close by so you knew that he liked arcades. "Sounds fun." You blinked a few times. 'D-did he actually just say that?!' You tried not to squeal like an obsessed fan girl. That was one of the few times that he actually wasn't rude to you. Now that you think about it, ever since that rooftop incident it seemed like he was slowly warming up to you.

Bakugou said something that was inaudible all of the sudden, so you just assumed you were hearing things.

"Maybe you're not so bad, (L/n) (F/n)."

Heyo, quick a/n really quick! If you go look at the previous chapters you'll probably notice that I've made some changes. I'm just saying in case you wanna check it out. Also, this chapter is the main reason why I started this book because you probably saw that this chapter is called 'not so bad'. ^^