[Chapter 29]: Thank You

"LET ME GO!" You screamed, throwing your fists at Bakugou's back

"LET ME GO!" You screamed, throwing your fists at Bakugou's back. He narrowed his eyes. "No! It's either you or him, and there's no way I'm letting you fucking die!"

You were about to retaliate but an ear piercing explosion was heard. You and the rest of your group, (including Bakugou, Seishun and (M/n)), whipped your heads up towards the building.

"No, no, no, no..." Your hands dropped from hitting his back. "T-Tell me I'm dreaming.." Bakugou glanced over his shoulder at you, and he had a look of sympathy in his eyes. "It was for the greater good.." He said, placing you back on the ground.

You immediately fell to your knees and began to sob, hiding your face with both of your hands. "God DAMMIT, I made a promise to him that I would always protect him!" You felt a hand place itself atop your head. "I'm sure that he was happy that he protected you." A gruff voice came from behind you. That made you cry even harder.

You looked over to see Seishun sobbing with (M/n) solemnly patting his back. He had been close to Takashi these past few years, after all.

___

It was the middle of the day, about 1:00PM which meant that school was still in session. You couldn't go in the state you were in, and (U/n) understood that.

You hid yourself under the covers of your bed, curled up in a ball. You and (U/n) agreed that you should let (M/n) stay in your house.

A few knocks were heard at your bedroom door. You sat up, "come in." The door opened and Bakugou walked in. He had walked home with you to make sure you got back safely and you didn't know that he was still there.

He sat down on the bed next to you. "I'm sorry about what happened.." He said. You sighed, glancing at a picture of you and Takashi that sat on your dresser before looking back at him. "It's just.. not fair." Was all you could mumble out.

He brung his hand to the back of your neck, pushing you against his chest. You found yourself smiling, it was barely noticeable though. Lately he had been a lot more touchy and it was strange, to say the least.

He glanced over to the side. "Hey.. I know lately I haven't been very fair to you.." You looked up at his face, quirking a brow. "So listen to me this fucking once because I'm not repeating myself!" You chuckled. "Got it."

"I got really mad when you kept being nice to me and shit.." He said. You deadpanned. 'And here I thought he was going to apologize.'

He ran his hand through his blond hair. "But I realized that I just wasn't used to getting that much affection.. and I think I got it mixed up with other feelings."

You began freaking out internally. 'OH MY GOD OKAY IT'S HAPPENING.'

He glanced down at you with a foreign look in his eyes. 'EVERYBODY STAY CALM. STAY FUCKING CALM!'

"I think I'm in love with you so you better accept these feelings."

He had a red hue to his cheeks, he never broke the eye contact. You smiled, blushing. Though yours wasn't as bad as his.

You wanted to kiss him. You liked him and apparently he liked you too, so you were just about to go for it. But consent is sexy. Forcing someone to kiss you is not cool, campers. Not cool dudes.

He waited for your reply, but you just stared at him. "H-"

"Can I kiss you?"

He looked taken aback. Instead of answering, he leaned down and pressed his forehead against yours. You laughed. "This sure is going fast, huh?"

He 'tch'ed and pressed his lips against yours.

You always wondered if he tasted like cinnamon, because nitroglycerin smells like burnt sugar.

Your claims were right.

The kiss was short and sweet, and when he pulled away you were a stuttering mess. You didn't expect him to actually do it.

"We're going somewhere together tomorrow, so be ready."

You sweat dropped, silently laughing at the fact he refused to call it a date.

___

It was the middle of the night, and your body refused to fall asleep. The person you had been chasing after for months, the person you liked, the Bakugou Katsuki confessed to you.

You sat up from your bed and made you way to the bathroom. Flipping the light switch, the light turned on and you had to blink a few times to adjust to the brightness.

You looked into the mirror.

You clenched your teeth when you saw your horns and wings. The horns seemed to be getting longer bit by bit. It was scary.

łĐɆØɄ

You just stood there, looking right into your own eyes in the mirror. You focused and squeezed your eyes shut. Pain overcame your back.

You gasped in relief when the wings slowly retracted. But.. the horns. You gave a sad laugh. "Atleast I'll be able to pull one hell of a Zero Two cosplay." The attempt to brighten your mood failed miserably.

You heard your phone from your bedroom so you rushed over and picked up the phone to see who was calling.

It was Uraraka.

You answered the call. "(F/n)!!" She yelled into the phone. You smiled, "Ochako!"

She looked down. "Bakugou told me everything that happened.. I'm sorry that I wasn't there to help you." The sorrow in her voice was evident. "Don't be sorry! Bakugou came and helped me out." You replied.

The line became silent on the other end. You realized you had yet to tell her about what happened with Bakugou.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. Katsuki said he loved me! Isn't that great?!" You exclaimed happily, laying your head back onto the bed.

It was silent for a few seconds before she replied in a voice that was equally as enthusiastic as yours. "That's great, (F/n)! I'm so happy for you." You smiled at her words.

Unbeknownst to you, her hands were shaking tremendously and she was having trouble not dropping the phone. "U-Uh anyways my dad is calling me. Talk to you later!" She said. You rolled onto your side. "Bye!"

After she hung up, you plugged in your phone so it would be charged in the morning. You stared at the ceiling before looking over to the picture on your dresser of you and Takashi, your arm slung over his shoulder.

"Thank you.. Takashi."