[Chapter 20]: To Take

"So, how do you like it?" (U/n) asked, peering down at your curious self

You both stood in front of the new house, which surprisingly wasn't too far from Bakugou's home. "It's actually not that bad.." You said, looking at the exterior of the house from different angles. (U/n) chuckled, "I knew you'd like it." 

After hours of carrying boxes into the house and unpacking most of it, you and (U/n) decided to take a quick dinner break. "I just realized that we haven't bought any food.." (U/n) said, sighing. 

You wiped the sweat off your brow from the hours of labor. "I could run to the store really quick to get instant ramen." You said. He smiled and pat your head. "Okay, thank you." 

He handed you the money that you needed and you left the house after being told to be careful because it's night time, meaning that 'creepy old men' were probably prying. You chuckled at your uncles words, adjusting the umbrella in your hand.

The gas station wasn't too far so it only took you about eight minutes to arrive. The bell on the door chimed as you walked in. The smell of the slurpees and junk food filled your nose and you had to resist the urge to waste the money your uncle had given you. 

You passed the freezer and saw a red popsicle inside. It made you wonder if Bakugou ever ate the one you had given him. 

You shook your head, trying to get the thoughts of him out. You made up your mind that you would give up and you planned on staying true to those words. 

After picking up a few instant ramen cups and other extra stuff with the left over money, you made your way back home. 

The rain seemed to get heavier so you rushed back, being wary of your surroundings. After all, it wasn't safe for someone your age to be alone at this hour of the night, a highschool girl nonetheless. 

You gripped the bag in your hand, suddenly having a strange feeling in your gut. 

Your hand grasped the door handle and opened it with ease. You shrugged it off and just guessed that you forgot to lock it on your way out, or maybe your uncle was keeping it unlocked so you could get in without him having to answer the door.

"I'm back!" You called out, slipping off your shoes before walking any further. You got no reply, he was probably in the bathroom. 

Walking into the kitchen, you placed the bag on the counter. You remembered that Bakugou told you to text him once you got home so you took your phone out of your pocket.

Suddenly, you got really nervous. You didn't know what to say and you kept deleting all the things you typed. 

Your hands were so shaky that you accidentally dropped your phone onto the kitchen floor. You bent down to pick it up and that's when you saw it.

Red.

There was a big splotch of red on the ground. How did you not notice that earlier? A chill ran up your spine and you quickly ran upstairs, following the red. 

It led into his room and you opened the door quickly. There was so much blood in there, the metal scent made you want to puke and scream, but all you could do was slowly step back in terror with shaky hands. This couldn't be happening. "No.."

Your eyes filled with tears as you ran back downstairs to get your phone that you completely forgot about on the ground. 

Dialing 911, you started frantically biting your nails. "Shit, shit, shit!" 

___

Arriving to school, Bakugou sat in his desk and kicked his feet up onto the desk in front of his, which was your desk. 

Most of the class was there and Bakugou glanced around, looking for you so he could pick a fight. 

But after the bell rung, you still weren't there. He shrugged it off because you were sometimes late and maybe your alarm just didn't go off. He was a little angered that you didn't text him when he asked (forced) you to so he was ready to jokingly yell at you once you walked in. 

You never walked in.

He'd be lying if Bakugou said he wasn't worried. You had only been sick a few times so it was rare of you to not show up. 

During their lunch break, Uraraka walked over to Bakugou and glanced around nervously, not wanting to anger him. "Do you know why (F/n) isn't here? She won't answer my texts.." Uraraka asked, sighing slightly. Red eyes looked up to her. "She didn't answer my text either. Her dumbass probably caught a cold." 

Uraraka's eyes narrowed at him. She knew that it was just a part of his personality and he couldn't really help it, but it made her mad when he spoke lowly of you. "Hey.." She said, releasing the nervous grip on her shirt, becoming a little more confident. 

"If you don't act fast, I'm going to ask (F/n) on date. I'll actually make her happy." Uraraka said firmly, turning around and quickly walking back to her seat.

Shock and anger filled his body and he felt another unknown feeling in his chest. He was about to get up from his seat and give Uraraka a piece of his mind but before he could he felt a hand on his shoulder. 

Todoroki was listening to the conversation and he couldn't help but make a comment. Bakugou glared at the dual haired boy, already angry enough. Todoroki ignored his glare and pulled out his phone. "Haven't you heard what happened? It's all over the internet." 

Bakugou had no idea what Todoroki was talking about until he showed him his phone screen. 

Breaking news. Last night at approximately 9:00PM the neighbors of (L/n) (U/n) and (L/n) (F/n) heard screams coming from their house. (L/n) (U/n) went missing while his niece was away. We have no information on who the culprit was. 

His eyes widened in terror and he shot up. "I need to go make sure she's okay!" He yelled storming over to the door until a hand stopped him. "You can't go. It's dangerous and heroes are already investigating." Aizawa said tiredly, surprisingly out of his caterpillar shell. Bakugou did his signature face where his lips pout out a little, angrily. 

"I don't care and you can't keep me here." He harshly shoved Aizawa's hand out of the way and sprinted down the halls. Bakugou's mind was frantic and spinning around with so many thoughts. What did Uraraka mean by what she said? It made him mad but that wasn't what he should be focusing on at the moment. You could be in danger.

As Bakugou ran past the park he noticed a figure sitting on the stairs leading to the park. His mind stopped, he recognized that face. He slowly walked closer and remembered who it was. Bakugou recalled you showing a picture of this one guy named Takashi, and by the looks of it this was him. 

He didn't like this guy. Takashi gave Bakugou horrible vibes. He noticed that Takashi was was sadly looking down at a beautiful yellow flower, his tired eyes following it with every time he spun it between his fingers. Bakugou flinched slightly when the flower just...disintegrated.

"Hey, bitch!" Bakugou yelled, getting angrier by the minute for some reason. Takashi tiredly looked up, his eyebags being very noticeable. "Do you know what happened with (L/n)?!" He stomped towards Takashi and pulled him up by his collar. Takashi said nothing and just watched as Bakugou clutched his stomach and fell to his knees. "What the hell did you do to me?!" 

Takashi looked up towards the sky and started talking with a monotone voice, unlike the one that you described he had. "My quirk is basically just bad luck. Whoever touches me gets misfortune and bad luck for three days if I want them to. I always have bad luck though." Bakugou's mind was going haywire. The pain was excruciating and he couldn't focus. 

"Also, I'm going to have to take (F/n)-Chan from you for now."