[Chapter 34]: New Threat

"Hey, (L/n)! Got any plans after school?"

You turned your head to see Kirishima, Kaminari, Mina and Sero running up to you with dorky grins on their faces. Their question reminded you of the event that would take place after school that you were absolutely dreading.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Maybe we could hang out some other time?" You asked, giving them an apologetic smile. Mina instantly saw the look in your eyes and placed her hand on your shoulder, smiling. "Okay, it's no big deal!"

You sighed in relief and thanked her for being understanding, failing to notice your now boyfriend walking up to you from behind.

He sneakily nudged your hand so that nobody would see the Bakugou Katsuki holding someone's hand. He could've just stayed away to control himself, but he was needy for attention.

You instantly knew what he was trying to do and gladly took his hand in yours, all the while still talking to Mina.

In the middle of the conversation, Kaminari's gaze slowly trailed down. Lo and behold, your fingers were intertwined with Bakugou's.

"U-uh.." Kaminari silently pulled on Kirishima's sleeve to get him to see the sight. Kirishima looked in the direction Kaminari was looking and felt his soul basically leave his body.

The Bakusquad secretly already knew about your relationship, but why not have a little fun?

"Woah! Bakubro, why didn't you tell us?!"

The conversation between you and Mina came to a sudden halt, along with all of the other conversations going on in the classroom. The room was deadly silent as your peer's heads all turned to look at you.

You felt the grip on your hand tighten in pure rage. At that moment, you could do nothing except pray for the poor shark boy.

___

You and Bakugou were walking, on your way to his house to pick up Mittens and bring him to the vet.

You looked over to see Bakugou still fuming over what happened, making you let out a short chuckle. Now that no one was around, you didn't hesitate to grab his hand and smile. He didn't pull away, but instead held yours back.

"Katsuki, it's not a big deal. Besides you did get Kirishima back." You sweat dropped at the memory of Bakugou chasing Kirishima around the classroom.

The majority of class 1-A was happy for you after finding out the news due to Kirishima's loud question. The only person who wasn't happy for you was Mineta, due to "Bakugou getting a smokin' hot girlfriend before him". Well, maybe Todoroki as well because he simply didn't care.

Bakugou huffed and kicked a pebble that was stranded on the sidewalk. "Shitty hair needs to learn how to mind his own business."

You sighed with a hopeless smile attached to your face. "Well.. he is your friend. I don't really blame him for being curious."

Bakugou rolled his eyes. "Shitty hair isn't my fucking friend. He just isn't an extra, I guess." You hummed at his words. "You just don't realize it yet. He's really trying hard to be your friend."

Of course even after minutes of trying to persuade your stubborn boyfriend that Kirishima really did care for him, he still wouldn't budge. But for now you had to drop the subject, because you finally arrived at Bakugou's house.

Your stomach dropped as you realized the gravity of the situation.

You were really worried for Mittens. You loved the cat a lot, despite it not even being yours. You spent a lot of time at the park with Bakugou and Mittens, you recalled Bakugou's happy expressions and you didn't want all of it to just go down the drain.

Of course, you knew that someone was even more worried than you. It was Bakugou.

He would never admit it but he really did love that cat. He loved the cat as it's own being, but he also loved it because it reminded him. It reminded him of your first date.

Luckily, Bakugou's mom pitched in and offered to drive you to the vet and you gladly excepted her offer.

You followed Bakugou into his house and saw Mitsuki sitting on the couch with Mittens on her lap. Mitsuki had a solemn expression on her face while staring down at Mittens while he breathed heavily.

She looked up and sighed. "Are you guys ready to go?"

You nodded and took a step closer, petting Mitten's head gently. "Thank you again for taking us, Mitsuki."

She smiled. "It's the least I could do. And besides, I'm worried too."

___

Bakugou paced up and down the halls of the clinic, eyebrows furrowed. You and Mitsuki were sitting on the chairs beside him, waiting for the vet to finish her job.

You tightened your fist and stood up, wrapping your arms around Bakugou's back. "It's going to be okay, I'm sure that they're already almost done." You rubbed small circles on his back while he put his arms around your smaller frame. "Dammit I know! But still.." 

While embracing eachother, he peered over your shoulder to see Mitsuki hiding her grin behind a camera. He was about to scream at her, something along the lines of "put the fucking camera down you old hag," but before he could the door opened to the room that Mittens was in.

Your nerves slowly disappeared when your eyes laid on the vet's happy expression. 

"The surgery was a success."

You and Mitsuki immediately started cheering while Bakugou slowly looked to the side with a relieved smile on his face. 

Sadly, the surgery cost a shit ton of money. Of course, you offered to pay at least half of it but Mitsuki would rather rot in the pits of hell before she let you do that. Her and Masaru were fashion designers, ones that made a decent amount of money at that, so the cost didn't really effect her. 

On the car ride back to Bakugou's place Mitten's laid on Bakugou's lap. He pretended that it bothered him but the truth was as plain as day.

As you peered over at him, you smiled softly. You had been through quite a lot together over the past few days and you knew that he would always be there for you, and you would be there for him. 

But a new threat awaited in the darkest corners of Musutafu, one that you weren't prepared for.