[Chapter 28]: Protect

You stood up from hugging your mother and extended your hand out to help her get up

You stood up from hugging your mother and extended your hand out to help her get up. She took it and stood up, giving you a small smile.

Realizing that Bakugou was still going against Saito, you quickly turned towards them. "His quirk is immortality! No matter what you do he won't lose!" You shouted. 

"The fuck do you mean he won't lose?! There's no way I'm going to not win!" Bakugou shouted back, landing a hit on Saito. You rolled your eyes. "Let's just get out of here while we can! We can report him to the pro heroes!" 

Seishun jogged over and picked up your mother, running quickly out of the room with her in his arms with you following from behind. You turned your head, "COME ON KATSUKI!" 

He tch'ed and flipped off Saito, catching up to you.

As you sprinted down the hallway that seemed like it would never end, Takashi and your uncle came into view. "(U/N)!" You shouted, running into his arms.

You clutched the back of his shirt. "I'm so sorry this happened to you, it's all my fault.." you felt like sobbing. Your uncle shook his head. "No, there's nothing for you to apologize for."

(U/n) clearly looked shaken up from what happened to him and you wanted to talk to him, but there was no time. 

As the six of you tried to find the exit, you could hear faint footsteps coming from behind. "Shit..!" Takashi mumbled, opening a door to a random room while everyone went in. 

It seemed to be a useless room with junk and random boxes in it. Everyone found a hiding spot in the room, and you could see Bakugou from where you were. He could see how scared you were, and he glanced to the shut door before crawling his way to you. 

He sat his back against the box and slung his left arm around your shoulder, pulling you against his side. Your eyes widened and you felt yourself starting to blush. "It's gonna be okay, I'll blast his brains out before he even gets the chance to touch you." 

'Wow. So comforting and not scary at all.'

But you found yourself smiling. "Thanks for coming here.. I don't know what would've happened if you wouldn't have come." You said, looking up at him. He smirked and was about to reply but the door opened and slammed against the wall. 

Bakugou felt you immediately stiffen up, and he glared at the air in front of him. He really wanted to fight this guy but even he knew that there was no use.

"I know you're in here~" Saito cooed. You looked to your left to see Takashi shaking tremendously. It made you wonder what Saito did exactly to make Seishun and Takashi so scared of him. But then again, he literally couldn't die so there's that. 

Takashi buried his face in his hands. 'I can't go back..'

You wanted to comfort the poor boy but if you made a single movement Saito could hear you. Takashi looked up to meet your eyes and you gave him a small nod that it was going to be alright. Meanwhile, Bakugou glared at Takashi from behind you.

All heads turned towards the corner when Seishun accidentally knocked over a box because of his size. "Idiot!" Bakugou barked, quickly sending a huge explosion towards Saito before he could touch Seishun. 

"We need to get out of here!" You yelled before noticing blood seeping through Saito's shirt. "Wait, don't tell me.."

He laughed loudly. "That's right! I can't let any of you escape, so my only option is to demolish this whole place with you in it!" He had ripped out the button in his chest.

You froze. You were just going to die here? 'No..! I refuse!' 

You extended both of your hands and focused almost all of your energy into the palms of your hands. The purple energy orb gradually got bigger and bigger.

You shot it, making you stumble backwards from it's force but Bakugou quickly caught you. 

Saito was flown into the air like a rag doll. "Quick..!" You shouted, everyone following you out the door.

You only had eight more minutes.

Everyone thanked god when the exit finally came into view in the distance. You peered behind you while smiling, but the smile quickly faded when Saito was right behind you.

He grabbed your wrist and brung you down to the ground. "(F/N)!!" Bakugou screamed, reaching his hand out for you to grab. 

Takashi jumped onto Saito and he toppled over with Takashi still hanging onto him. You quickly stood up and Bakugou pulled your hand so you were pressed against him.

"GET OUT OF HERE!" Takashi yelled, struggling to keep Saito in his grip. Your eyes widened. "I'M NOT GOING TO LEAVE YOU HERE! WE CAN GET OUT OF HERE TOGETHER!" You tried to get out of Bakugou's grip but he wouldn't budge. "It's impossible! Please, I'm begging you! Get out!" 

You shook your head, "I'm no-" You felt yourself get lifted off the ground and slung over Bakugou's shoulder as he ran for the exit. "STOP IT KATSUKI!" You banged your fists against Bakugou's back while tears fell from your eyes, watching Takashi holding Saito back.

"I LOVE YOU (F/N)-CHAN, SO YOU BETTER NOT FORGET ME!" 

You let out a loud sob. "NO! LET ME GO! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TAKASHI?!" 

He smiled. "It's what friends do, right?!"

And with that, Bakugou ran out of the building with you in his arms, leaving Takashi behind.

___

"Hey look! We have matching band aids, so don't think you're alone now, got it?" You exclaimed happily. Takashi started to cry. "Hey, I already told you to not cry so much. It's okay!" You hugged him.

___

"Haha~ You have whipped cream all over your face!" You were the only one who showed up at his birthday that year. He laughed happily.

___

"Hey! Leave him alone!" You yelled, extending the long stick that was in your hand towards the bullies. He looked up at you with awe in his eyes. "W-What's your name?" He asked shyly.

You grinned. "I'm (L/n), (L/n) (F/n)!"

___

At this point snot was running down his face along with the tears. "I... wanted to be happy with her! I wanted to get married, have kids, and grow old together!" He cried. "And it's all your fault that I can't be the one to make her happy!" He angrily exclaimed to Saito through his sobs. 

"It's your fault for being weak." Saito sinisterly replied, still trying to get out of Takashi's grip. "I-It's my fault..?" Takashi muttered, his lip trembling. Saito was about to reply, but beeping was heard. 

And with that, the entire building exploded. 

Takashi laid unmoving on the ground, feeling his consciousness slowly slipping away. He blankly stared at the ceiling with dull eyes. "I'm glad.. that I was able to protect her atleast once." 

His eyes started to close. Your smiling and alive face showed up in his mind, making him smile that he was able to protect the one he loved.