[Chapter 36]: Reflection

TW: Arachnophobia⚠️

TW: Arachnophobia⚠️

"Watch where you're going!"

"Hey!"

"Slow down!"

"Aghh.. I'm sorry!"

A lady ran down the streets of Musutafu, clumsily running into everyone. She was in a rush after all, she was thirty minutes late to a work meeting.

Her name was Yasashi Yurei. Her life was anything but interesting. She was a woman in her early twenties with long blonde hair and brown eyes.

She wasn't like a lot of the other people living in Japan. Unlike them, she had no desire to become a hero or live long. Her plan was to work, work, work and then eventually die.

Yasashi's meeting ended fairly quickly and she sighed, leaning back in her chair.

"Yasashi."

She jumped when a deep voice pulled her out of her thoughts. She quickly stood up and bowed to her boss.

"Do you have the files for our upcoming project?" He asked her, crossing his arms. Yasashi's body stiffened. 'Crap..! I totally forgot!'

"Um, actually I'm almost done with them so I think I just need another day or two.." She muttered, poking her two pointer fingers together nervously.

"You always do this, Yasashi. This is the last straw. If you don't finish by Thursday you're fired."

———

"I can't believe that old geezer is threatening to fire me.." Yasashi muttered to herself, running her hand through her long blonde hair.

She had to make a quick stop at the grocery store near her apartment because she was running out of ice cream. She basically lived off off of the sweet treat.

The door to the store opened automatically and Yasashi walked in, adjusting her purse that was on her shoulder.

The store wasn't that busy, considering that it was the time when a lot of people were getting off of work and all they wanted to do was get home.

She grabbed her favorite flavor of ice cream, which was strawberry, and paid for it.

She hummed happily to herself, exiting the door. She was so caught up in her joy that she didn't even notice that she was about to bump into someone.