[Chapter 33]: Could Only Hope

IMPORTANT PSA: i doubt anyone even remembers because i only mentioned it once very briefly but in chapter 14, at the very beginning, i wrote about (y/n)'s backstory with todoroki

IMPORTANT PSA: i doubt anyone even remembers because i only mentioned it once very briefly but in chapter 14, at the very beginning, i wrote about (y/n)'s backstory with todoroki. i wanted to ask all of you to please forget about that because it's not relevant to the story whatsoever and i honestly don't know what i was thinking when i wrote that. i personally think that i've somewhat gotten better at writing from when i first started this book and now i know not to add useless backstories like i did before.

and thank you guys so much for sticking around and reading this fanfic! whenever i read previous chapters i can't help but cringe and wonder how all of you made it this far without dropping the fanfic haha. but regardless, thank you so much.

-

You hesitantly made your way to the extra bedroom, your hand fiddling with a strand of hair.

You had talked to your mother a very few amount of times ever since the incident with Saito due to the amount of overbearing awkwardness.

You brung your hand up to knock on the wooden door, slightly regretting your decision. 'Shit, this was a bad idea.. I don't even have anything to say.'

The door slowly opened to reveal your mother peering out wearily. Scratching the back of your neck, you awkwardly let out a laugh. "Err.. hi! Can I come in?"

She said nothing but instead opened her door further to let you step in. Her room wasn't decorated at all, it was bland. There was a bed with dark blue comforters placed in the right corner of the room whilst a dresser sat on the opposite end. The room was dimly lit and it made you want to walk right back out, but there was no turning back now.

"So, you like the place?" You asked, sitting down on the edge of her bed. She sat next to you and nodded while staring at the ground.

It was like this every time you would talk to her. You would say something and she would just give a nod or a shake of her head. Other than that, she would only give one word answers.

"Hey.. you can talk to me, y'know." You decided to take the risk and place your hand on top of hers, hoping it would comfort her a bit. Her eyebrows furrowed and she looked away. "I'm.. I'm sorry."

You glanced at her with confusion. "But you weren't in control of your body, so it's fine." You retorted, smiling slightly. This caused her to get even more upset and tear her hand away from yours. "No..! Before that happened, I mean. I treated you as if you were an animal, if not worse," She started, lips pursing. "And it was all because I was too scared to refuse Saito's orders.. I-I'm so weak."

It was silent for a second, you processing what she had just said. "To be honest.. it hurt me, a lot. But that's because I didn't know you were doing it against your will. Now that I know the reasoning behind what you did, I don't blame you at all and you should just forget about it. Because I forgive you."

(M/n) bit her lip, managing to keep the tears back. "(F/n).. you've grown so much. I regret trying to get in the way of your dreams of being a hero. You.. You're such a capable woman now and I couldn't be more proud."

You grinned. "Thanks, Mom. I'm relieved because I thought you were mad at me and that's why you weren't talking much."

After sharing a few laughs and having some good bonding time, you left her room and sigh happily,  flopping down onto your bed face first. Things were starting to get better and you were ecstatic about it.

"Maybe I should hang out with Katsuki today.." You sat up and grabbed your phone only to realize that he already texted you.

You grinned, quickly unlocking your phone to see what he sent.

From Katsubabe-
4:35

Meet me at the park by your house.

From (N/n)
4:35

Okay! I have nothing to do
anyway

From Katsubabe-
4:36

You're saying that like it
was a question

From (N/n)
4:36

🅱️ruh

From Katsubabe-
4:36

Don't 🅱️ruh me

          From (N/n)
4:36

I'll 🅱️ruh you all I
want

Chuckling, you slid on a pair of slides, (with socks of course), and exited the house with your phone in your pocket.

You walked down the cement stairs that led down to the park and smiled when you saw Bakugou standing around the swing set while looking down at something, As you got closer you realized that a red leash was in his hand and Mittens was on the other end of it.

Seeing an angry, wild Bakugou walking a cute little cat around certainly wasn't something you saw everyday.

"Hiya." You tapped his shoulder and he turned around to face you. Your heart literally squeezed and you had to resist the urge to hug him and his little scowling face. "Hey." He replied, bringing a single arm around you to hug your form since his other hand was occupied holding the leash.

A smile formed itself on your lips and you brought your arms up to return the gesture. You both let go after a minute or so and you kneeled down to pet the grey feline. "I didn't know you were going to bring Mittens." You said while scratching behind his ears.

Bakugou's gaze which was on you slowly trailed to the side. "Yeah.. about that."

You rose your eyebrow and stood up. "I didn't want to fucking worry you after all the shit that has been going on by telling you this.." He started. "But you and I both know he was sick when we got him. He's having surgery tomorrow and I wanted him to see you before that."

You gasped and brung your hand up to your chest. "Will.. will he be alright?" You asked with a nervous look etched onto your features.

He took your hand into his and started to walk towards a walking trail that was right next to the playground. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'll be alright so don't worry." After hearing him say that you let a breath of relief out and squeezed his hand. "That's good. I'm going to go with you to the vet tomorrow so tell them to not start the surgery until I'm there."

He nodded while you both turned since there was a curve in the pathway. Mitten's walk started to slow down due to him getting exhausted from barely even walking. Bakugou started to walk as well as you for the cat to catch his breath. It really made you realize just what a terrible condition the poor creature was in.

You and Bakugou could only hope the best for the cat.