[Chapter 31]: Bittersweet

"Uraraka, what's wrong? Kero

"Uraraka, what's wrong? Kero." Tsuyu asked. Lately Tsuyu had been noticing that Uraraka wasn't her usual bubbly self. "Oh.. nothing."

Yep, something was definitely wrong.

Tsuyu sighed and turned back towards the teacher to listen to the instructions. Usually when there was a group project, Uraraka would partner up with you. But you teamed up with Bakugou, well more like he forced you to be his partner, so she was with Tsuyu.

Uraraka twirled the pencil around her fingers in boredom, staring down at the desk with a sullen look in her brown eyes.

Ever since the incident with your uncle happened, Uraraka had been worried sick and it didn't help that you wouldn't talk to her about what happened.

Apparently you had talked to the teachers about it but that's all. 'Maybe she's mad at me..?' She couldn't think of anything she did wrong but in the back of her mind the thought of her doing something to annoy you accidentally lingered.

Tsuyu's eyes drifted over to where Uraraka was looking. And to be honest, she wasn't surprised when her eyes landed on you and Bakugou.

Once Aizawa finished his talk and climbed into his caterpillar-like sleeping bag, everyone started talking.

"Maybe you should just talk to her, kero." Uraraka hummed at the green haired girl's words. "I don't know, Tsuyu.. she seems so happy and I don't want to ruin that."

Tsuyu shook her head and placed her hand on Uraraka's shoulder. "You can't just hide behind your shell your entire life. (L/n) has always been there for you so what makes you think she's suddenly mad with you?"

Uraraka nodded, smiling slightly. "I guess you're right, Tsuyu! I'll try to talk to her after school."

You anxiously looked around the classroom, feeling paranoid about someone saying something about your horns. Luckily ever since you returned to classes, nobody brought it up which made you more than thankful to have such thoughtful classmates but you still couldn't keep the thoughts from lingering in the back of your mind.

"What's with the sad face, shithead?"

'Ah.'

You glanced away from Bakugou. "Nothing, I'm just tired."

His eyes softened ever so slightly and he reached forward to drag his finger down your horn which made you jump in surprise. "They're.. they're fucking badass so stop looking down on yourself."

Your eyes brightened and you turned back towards him, bouncing with excitement in your chair. "You really think so?!"

Bakugou crossed his arms, blushing because of him not being used to complimenting people. "Obviously."

You grinned. "Thank you, Katsuki."

Unbeknownst to you, the bakusquad was watching the entire thing and they were bubbling with excitement at this newfound relationship.

___

"Are you fucking dumb?!" Bakugou yelled from beside you, walking out of the school.

You clenched your fists, having enough of his dumbassery.

"NO, YOU'RE THE DUMB ONE. IT'S SPELLED LIKE D-O-N-U-T!" You screamed.

Bakugou's walk turned into him stomping. "You're so fucking STUPID! IT'S D-O-U-G-H-N-U-T!"

"OHMYGOD. IT'S D- oh hey Ochako!"

Bakugou stopped walking when you stopped to talk to Uraraka. His eyebrow rose when Uraraka leaned in to whisper something into your ear. His body suddenly filled with anxiety, remembering the words Uraraka had told him days prior to this one.

You nodded at whatever Uraraka whispered and you turned to Bakugou. "Hey, do you think you could walk ahead of us? She needs to tell me something."

Bakugou's eyes widened and his grip tightened on his school bag. His intense crimson eyes stared into your (e/c) ones, before replying. "..fuck, sure fine."

You gave him a few minutes to walk ahead of you before you and Uraraka started walking. "So, what is it?" You asked Uraraka.

She started to play with the front strands of her hair. "..I'm just really happy for you and Bakugou! Although, I think.. I think there's something I need to get off my chest."

You looked at her from the corner of your eye, wondering what it could possibly be.

She halted her walking which made you stop as well. Your eyebrows furrowed in worry when she started to glare at the ground.

"I.. I think I'm bisexual."

She looked up, expecting you to be staring at her in disgust. But instead, you stared at her with a soft smile adorning your features.

"Ochako.. I'm really happy that you trust me enough to tell me something as important as that!"

She embarrassingly looked to the side. "That's not what I wanted to say though.."

You tilted your head in confusion, waiting for her to continue. She opened her mouth to talk, "I know it's kind of stereotypical for the girl to fall for her best friend.. but it's true in my case, (F/n)."

"I fell in love with you the first time I saw you.." She started, clutching her fists to her chest in embarrassment. You took a few steps back in shock, your mouth gaping in confusion.

"I just want you to be happy, even if that happiness no longer includes me."

In an instant, you had dropped your bag on the ground and you wrapped your arms around Uraraka's trembling body. "Don't say that, Uraraka!" You yelled. "You'll always be apart of my happiness.. but I really do love Katsuki. I just love you in a different away, and I'm sorry for that."

She peacefully closed her eyes and smiled gently, wrapping her arms around you. "I know that. But.. just know that if he ever does anything to hurt you, I'm right here, okay?"

You smiled. "Okay, thank you Ochako."

With that, you ran to catch up to Bakugou while Uraraka walked slowly in the opposite direction.

She sighed in relief, happy that she finally was able to get it off her chest but the bittersweet feeling lingered.

_

oh my gosh i just received my first fan art and i couldn't be happier?? what the heck i'm gonna cry

this was made by @Yuniashian so please go check out her page!