Chapter 4

~NORMANI KORDEI~
This week off was very uneventful so far. It consisted basically of me sleeping till 2, binge watching various tv shows, and ordering take out from different places. My favorite so far was a little vegan taco joint.

This Thursday was slightly different than the other four days since I woke up at 9 a.m. instead of 1 or 2 which is strange considering I didn't go to sleep till 1 in the morning the previous night. Instead of going back to sleep I decided to go take a hot shower so I could maybe go somewhere today if I felt up to it.

After a nearly boiling shower I dressed myself in my mandatory wear for when I went out by myself. Clothes for going out by myself mainly consisted of baseballs caps or beanies ( I prefer the former), and somewhat dark and 'normal' clothing to attempt to further blend in with regular members of society. I stood in front of the front door having a mental debate about where to go today. I could go to the mall but someone would most likely recognize me and that would only end badly. I would go to the gym but I don't feel like being hit on by a bunch of sweaty dudes and overgrown girls.

Feeling hunger creeping up on me I finally made a decision. Well sort of I knew I wanted to go somewhere to eat but I didn't know where. Getting in my car and just drive around until something pops out at me seems to be the best bet. I walked downstairs to the garage of my building briefly greeting the car maintenance /repair man. My building comes with a car wash, mechanic, grocery store and movie theater. Extra? Yes but it helps when most of its tenants aren't always able to make it out since this building housed mainly high profile celebrities and various public figures.

When he offered to open the door for me and helped me into my car I waved him off saying that I was fine. I never really drove up until a year ago because I was constantly being drove around I still am but sometimes I prefer to just go places by myself instead of having Semaj take me. I usually just rented cars but I was eventually persuaded by my photographer and friend Blair to buy one which led to me buying my Tesla Roadster and eventually my G wagon if I didn't wanna go electric. I took my Tesla today since I didn't feel like dealing with the bulky vehicle my Tesla was white and sleek which made it a good car for a low key outing like this one or going to some event in which I wanted to show up in style.

As I began driving I looked around at the different eating establishments but nothing seemed to catch my eye. I continued driving until I made it to a familiar rode which I took to get to Brandon's office numerous days out of the week. Instead of continuing down the road to Brandon's office I pulled onto the side of the street where the cafe from nearly a week ago was placed. This seemed like a good spot I mean I did enjoy their food last time and the company that came along with it in particular one very shy blonde.

I highly doubted that I would see the blonde again but that still didn't stop her from invading my thoughts any chance she got. I walked into the very homey cafe which had a little more than 8 people seated at various tables or in line waiting to be served their late morning coffee or lattes. I stood in the back of the line pretending to be engrossed in my phone with my head down so my cap could do a better job of concealing my identity. I made it to the register in a timely matter.

'Morning what can I get for you?' The same barista as last time spoke fingers poking at her register.

'Good morning can I have-' I paused to look up at the chalk written menu

'Ma'am would you like to hear our spe- OH MY GOSH YOUR HERE AGAIN' she all but screamed again as she looked up from the register.

'Shhh please keep it down I'm here by myself' I shushed her urgently with a hand to her mouth glancing around the cafe where people who were once looking at the scene at the register began to turn back to their activities.

I Got You. |A Norminah fic|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें