Chapter 27

~NORMANI KORDEI~
Nerves. I'm pretty sure that I haven't been this nervous since my first performance. It wasn't like Dinah hadn't been to my house before and sure we had fell asleep together before but this was going to be completely different. We weren't just goin to be spending a night or two together but we were going to be living with each other for who knows how long.

'Manz you okay?' Dinah asked as we approached my building. 'You know that you don't have to do this right? I'll be fine.'

I quickly shook my head 'I'm okay, just taking it all in I guess.'

'I'm sorry about all of this, if I would've just payed more attention to what was happening around me I wouldn't have been in this situation. I got comfortable and now I'm messing up everyone's lives.' The blonde ranted.

'Hey hey hey, this is in no way your fault' I planted both my hands on her cheeks to direct her attention solely on me. 'Yes I wish you would've told me but I understand why you didn't, so this isn't your fault okay?'

Dinah didn't reply verbally but nodded nonetheless.

'Do you need anything before we get there?'

Once again she didn't reply vocally opting to just shake her head no.

For the remainder of the ride Dinah and I sat in silence, until the car came to a stop. Semaj came around to open the door for me while Rob did the same for Dinah and proceeded to help her out. After Dinah was comfortable on her crutches and moving towards the elevator Rob reached for her bag while I used my key card to access the elevator. Semaj stayed behind with the car while we made our way to my residence.

'Normani where would you like me to put this?' Rob asked motioning to the bag in his hand.

'Uhh the guest room probably, the one down here behind the kitchen.' I replied as I helped the younger girl get comfortable on the couch.

'You okay' I questioned after getting Dinah situated on the sofa.

Dinah moved her crutches over so that they were leaning against the side of the sofa before nodding.

'Okay everything's in the guest room, I'm going to head down with Semaj and pick up your contracts from Brandon.' Rob spoke coming into the room.

I really need to get an assistant one of these days or give Rob a raise. 'Thanks Rob' I replied as I followed him to door.

'I'll put them in your mailbox so make sure you're checking it. Call me if anything happens or you need me.'

I nodded as I I shut the door behind him leaving Dinah and I alone in my now shared apartment.

'Sooo...' I drug out as I re-entered the living room.

'Sooo....' Dinah repeated.

I looked around the room searching for a conversation piece that would make things less awkward. My head turned towards the kitchen 'you hungry?'

On cue Dinah's stomach let out a grumble. I giggled while the younger girl simply looked embarrassed 'I'll take that as a yes.'

I began to make my way to the kitchen until I heard the thumps of Dinah's crutches close behind me.

'What are you doing? Go sit back down you shouldn't be up' I quickly reprimanded the blonde once I stopped in my tracks.

'No the real question is what are you doing? You can't cook remember?' Dinah replied taking a seat at the island.

I continued to move around the kitchen getting what I needed for a small breakfast when Dinah spoke up again 'hello am I invisible?'

'Relax I'm just making breakfast okay everyone can make breakfast.' I spoke up continuing to whisk some eggs.