Chapter 12

~DINAH JANE~
A pool party? I've never been to a pool party or any party for that matter. I don't have a swimsuit since I only kept warm clothes for winter and different tees and jeans for warmer weather. A swimsuit definitely wasn't one of the essentials and being homeless means you can only have the essentials and maybe a few other comfort items if you're lucky.

I was not one of those homeless people though, I was the homeless person that only spent their money on what they absolutely needed. It's not because I didn't always have spare money but I was more of a saver not a spender since I really didn't like living from day to day even though it still ended up like that sometimes.

Where the hell was I going to get a swimsuit for less than the extra seventeen dollars I had in my pocket right now. Salavation army? No that's kind of gross. Walmart? No way to expensive. Family Dollar! Yes that's it they'll have new swimsuits since it's warmer out and they'll hopefully be cheap.

I never really brought things from Family Dollar I preferred family dollar spin offs where almost everything in them cost a dollar but I knew that I wouldn't find a swim suit in them.

I really just wanted to see Normani and going to this party would be the only way I would see her today. I missed her even though we just hung out I still wanted to see her.

I walked into family dollar and walked to the clothing aisles in the back of the store. I kept walking through the aisles until I got to swim wear section. I looked through all the options before I settled on a simple black bikini for six dollars which wasn't too bad but I also needed other things.

I continued walking through the store picking up other several items I needed such as nail polish and a pair of sandals for four dollars. I walked to register and placed my things on the counter waiting for someone to come ring me up. I swear there's never anyone at the register out of all the times I've came here.

A sales person came and eventually rung me up for 11 dollars and twenty nine cents. I gave her the exact amount before stuffing my bag down into my pack. I walked out the store I didn't know the exact time but I had called Normani or Choie around twelve and that was around three hours ago but I would figure the exact time out later.

I sat on a bench in a very sparse crowded area so I could look through my bag for what I would wear later tonight. I always tried to look my best around Normani to throw off any ideas she would have about my financial status but today was definitely different.

I hadn't met any of Normani's friends but I could only assume they were also celebrities so I would have to try to look especially great or at least less homeless.

In the meantime I walked to store which Algee worked at since I hadn't seen him today. I ended up seeing Algee everyday since that's where I got food and we had become even better friends.

'Dinah freaking Jane where you been girl almost thought I wasn't gonna see you today' Algee greeted me like any other day.

'Hey Algee I wasn't going to come until later but I wanted to see you' I smiled talking to him through the glass box.

'Well I'm still glad you came I actually was just thinking about you' he said opening the door behind the register for me.

A thought passed through my mind. 'Hey Algee?'

'Yes Ma'am'

'Do you wanna go to a party?' I didn't know if I could bring anyone but I would feel a hell of a lot better if I had someone that I knew there besides Normani.

'Dinah what type of party is this?' He asked wearily but I understood it's not everyday that homeless people get invited to parties so I wasn't offended by his weary face.