Chapter 9

~DINAH JANE~
I stared down at the napkin in my hand warily. It had been a little over three days since I'd seen Normani and promised her that I would contact her which would definitely be a difficult task since I had no phone. It was just going on nine o'clock which meant that the library would be opening up soon.

My best bet for getting in contact with Normani would be to use to Libraries computers or public phone. I could use a pay phone but I didn't wanna spend the money if I could maybe get away with calling for free at the library.

Now libraries have different policies for phone usage I never knew them because whenever I went to the library I just read that's all. The librarian wasn't your typical librarian she was often rude and snappy and gave me dirty looks I'm assuming because she knew that I was less fortunate.

I walked up to library door not surprised that I was the first person in the public building since it had just opened its doors not too long ago. It would be over run with people like me and ones who simply just needs to use their services.

I ignored the nasty looks that I got from the young librarian and made my way over to the electronic section of the building. I recalled seeing a phone by the computers but I was still anxious about using it.

I went past Ally's Cafe everyday for the past three days trying to see if Normani had went back but sadly she was never there. I mean she was a celebrity supposedly so it's not like I didn't expect her to be busy.

Then I had a thought. Instead of going straight to the phone I made a beeline for the computers. I sat in front of one of the desktops and opened the browser. I think. I wasn't very good with technology since I never had a phone nor had I ever really used a computer. After opening several wrong applications I finally ended up at the internet and maneuvered the curser to the search bar.

I wasn't one hundred percent sure how to spell Normani's name but luckily for me after typing in a few letters I was positive of the full name popped up in the webs recommended. Many pages came up once her name was searched. Articles like Normani Kordei net worth, Normani robbed on Dancing with the stars, Normani's earth shattering billboard performance, and over a thousand more.

I scrolled until I got to an article on Billboard. I quickly skimmed through the article as I read in my head.

Normani Kordei Hamilton notoriously known as just Normani Kordei has broken numerous records since her discovery in 2012 with her cover of Beyoncé's Best thing I never had. This cover proves that even at a young age Normani kordei would be a force to be reckoned with. With her soft, smooth soulful voice Normani was a major break out star. Now at the age of twenty-three with two Grammys, five VMA's, a Dancing With The Stars contestant, four movies, and three albums under her belt and a fourth on the way Normani has shown us that's she no where near slowing down.

I read through the article dumbfounded at what I read. This girl was seriously something big. I don't know a lot but I knew that Grammys were good and to have two of them had to be a humongous deal. I quickly finished this article and moved to another one on the Forbes list.

Normani Kordei born Normani Kordei Hamilton On May 31, 1996 in Atlanta,Georgia But later raised in New Orleans, Louisiana before moving to Houston,Texas shortly after Hurricane Katrina. Normani has given R&B a new life as she incorporates the 90's rhythm and blues in her music today. Normani at only the age of twenty-three has a standing net worth of over 400 million Dollars making her one of the youngest millionaires right Alongside other big names such as Kylie Jerner as of early 2019.

My mouth dropped as I re-read the last sentence. Over four hundred million dollars. Holy shit. This girl was worth almost half a billon dollars. This didn't change anything if anything it made it worst. Now I was the homeless girl trying to date a millionaire. Date? I'd never thought of it that way but after hanging out with Normani I could honestly see myself dating her I think. I hadn't dated anyone before hell I hadn't even had my first kiss but I could tell that might be something that I wanted with Normani in the future.