Chapter 10

~NORMANI KORDEI~
I was tired. Dead tired. I had been up since two o'clock this morning doing ad libs and editing them into songs. It was now nine a.m. and I was on the verge of passing out considering I only got a little over three hours of sleep the night before.

My fourth album was definitely wearing me out. I was working harder on this album to assure people that I wasn't slowing down or falling off. This meant that I was working constantly and barely sleeping. I knew it would all be worth it in the end though as it always was.

Another thing about working on my album was that I rarely got a chance to talk to Dinah let alone hang out. It's been about a month since we hung out and we could only talk on the phone for about twenty minutes a day during our lunch.

I missed her. As crazy as that sounds considering we've only been out once but the more I talked to her the more I could tell that I would fall for her and hard.

Dinah was extremely secretive. I knew little to no personal things about her in all the times we've talked. I knew some things about her but nothing huge. That still didn't stop me from falling for the mysterious blonde.

I finally left out the studio at eleven which was earlier than any other day this week. I had the rest of the day off and tomorrow since I had been working extremely hard and needed a break. Normally I would just go home and sleep for the next two days but I missed Dinah and I wanted to see her.

I couldn't call Dinah I could only talk to her when she called me since she still didn't have her own phone. I hated it I wanted to be able to talk to her whenever, send her good morning text in the morning, and fall asleep on the phone with her at night. I couldn't force her to get a phone and honestly I don't think she could afford it.

Every time I asked her why she didn't have a phone she claimed that she had no one to talk to. This only made me more curious about her personal life. She never brought up anyone. No friends no family members I'm beginning to think she's just a loaner but that doesn't explain why she doesn't talk about her family. I talked about my parents and my best friend Choie often but she didn't reciprocate.

I feel like her not being able to afford one may be a factor as well. Her apartment wasn't in the greatest neighborhood it actually was in one of the worst and her clothes weren't the nicest not that I cared about any of that. I wanted to just cave and buy her a phone but she seemed heavily against any hand outs. She didn't like when I payed for her and she tried to make up for it.

I wanted to hang out with Dinah today despite how tired I was but I wasn't sure how I was going to since I never actually saw her apartment building, didn't know what days she worked, and on top of all that I couldn't call her.

Being that I was extremely desperate for some Dinah time I decided that I would call the library and ask for Dinah or at least ask for what days she worked. After searching for the library's number on google I plopped down on my sofa and dialed the number.

'Los Angeles public library how may I help you?'

'Hi I'm looking for one of your employees' I replied nicely.

'You know I can't be giving out employee info like dat' the voice on the other end said whilst popping her gum.

Whew chile the ghetto.

I put on my politest voice 'I don't want any of their info I just want to know if they're working right now'

'Well what's they name'

'Dinah Jane is she working right now or what hours does she work?' I got straight to point after hearing her tone.

'Who?' She asked seemingly confused.