Chapter 21

⚠️Slight Trigger Warning

~NORMANI KORDEI~
'Dammit.'

I gripped my phone tighter in my hand as I paced back and forth. I was still waiting for her text or maybe even a call so I would know that she got home safe. She wasn't supposed to be walking home today, she said she would get dropped off so why wasn't she answering? Maybe her phone died? My messages were going through and her phone wasn't going straight to voicemail so that wasn't right.

I'll just call Ally, she'll know what's going on. I quickly skimmed through my contact list until I clicked on the short blondes number. It rang about three times before a groggy 'hello' was heard on the other end.

'Ally did Dinah leave with you or Yara?' I asked getting straight to the point.

'Umm no she walked home why?' Dammit Dinah Jane.

'She said she would ask one of you two to take her home and now she's not answering her phone and I can't get in contact with her' I sighed running my hand down my face.

'She didn't even ask me, I knew I shouldn't have let her leave' Ally mumbled.

'What?'

'Nothing, I can go look for her' Ally suggested.

'It's fine Al I'm sure she's okay. I'll keep you updated' I responded before quickly hanging up the phone, needing to gather my thoughts.

Why didn't she just ask Yara or Ally to drop her off? I continued to pace around my penthouse not even realizing that I had made it to my front door. Deciding that the best thing to calm my nerves was to just go see Dinah at her apartment. I'd never been inside her building but I knew where it was and that was good enough.

She was fine, I was probably just overreacting but you can never be to sure. So why not just go check? It's not like I was doing anything, I began to rationalize.

I grabbed my keys and began to take the elevator down to the parking garage. The ride felt so much longer than it normally was because all I could think about was the shy blonde. I finally arrived in the empty parking garage and began to walk towards my G Wagon.

'Ms.Kordei?'

I looked around ,startled, for who was speaking. Seeing that it was my head of security Rob, I relaxed but tensed up again as I thought of the blonde.

'Hi Rob but I really have to get going' I said before unlocking my car.

'I know I said we would give you space but it's pretty late and it's my job to keep you safe, so where are you going?' Rob interrogated.

I sighed before deciding to tell the truth 'I'm going to go check on a friend she hasn't Umm.... I haven't heard from her and she walks home so I just wanna-'

'Well let's go' Rob said while moving to the passenger side of my vehicle.

'Where are you going?' My brows furrowed.

'Seeing as it is very late and this may not be the safest situation I think it's best if I go with you.' Rob said as if it was the most obvious thing in the whole world.

'Rob I-'

'I wasn't asking Ms.Kordei' Rob said seriously.

I sighed but unlocked the door nonetheless deciding that wasting any more time going back and forth wasn't ideal. I pulled out the parking garage and began the drive to Dinah's apartment.

The drive felt way too long and I was having an extremely difficult time trying not to speed. Everything was okay but I just needed to see her to be sure. The closer we got the more I felt that this may not be the best idea. What if Dinah I got mad at me for just showing up? It's not like she ever wanted me there before so why would she be okay with me doing surprise pop ups?