the betrayal day...

The morning was bad for Naofumi. He woke up to find his money and his chainmail gone. He was dragged to the castle and accused of a rape that he didn't commit. He realised a harsh truth. 'THAT BITCH!' he thought. She had set him up! The adventurer mein had robbed him for everything he had, and disgraced him. The others refused to believe him and he doubted that Alyss would look upon him favorably either. Apparently she was left to sleep in and Grimm was here as her stand in. I leave angry and alone to take out my anger on some balloons...

~meanwhile~

Alyss POV

I sat in my bed with my eggs sighing sadly... Naofumi... He must be suffering so much right now, and I... I hope he won't hate me, but I won't blame him if he does. This was my choice of silence that damned him. crack. Crack. Crunch. "What was that?" I pause confused. "!" the eggs are hatching!

I kneel in front of the bed with bated breath. Their forms emerge from their eggs. I take in their appearances.

(Ignore the human that's not his human form

(Ignore the human that's not his human form.)

They're here! They're beautiful! A celestial fox and  a phantom wolf

They're here! They're beautiful! A celestial fox and  a phantom wolf. I can't even tell what They are but it's fine. They were ordinary monster eggs sure(aside from the fact that they're mammals), but with some magic enhancement and my blood in the slave seal they were drastically changed. The change was random so it was a gamble on the result but it seems I didn't need to worry at all!

"Now for names.... I think I'll call this little one Yuuki cause your white as snow... I'll call my little phantom fox Umbra cause hes like a little shadow!" They yip at me happily and I smile. "Well," I start. "Let me get dressed and we'll go downstairs and eat!"  We go downstairs and I order a plate for each of us after asking the innkeeper about possible dietary problems for them... she wasn't sure but she said she'd bring a little bit of everything to help me find what they like. I thank her and promise to pay extra for her assistance. She laughs and says it's not necessary but I just smile and laughed.

~timeskip and pov swap brought to you by the "it's 4 am I got homework and am a lazy cunt" foundation...~

The balding slaver handed me a letter on my way out and spoke. "Another hero came in here yesterday. Asked me to give this to you after your purchase. Said it was important and even payed extra! Here." I not my head and lead raphtalia out to the forest. We're camping tonight cause I can't stand this city right now.

After raptalias night terror and our talk I remember the letter. I pull it out and find 15 silver at the bottom. Angered thinking it's pity money I stop and think. No other hero would give him money... Alyss was the only one this could be from! He put down the money and opened the note.

Naofumi. If you're reading this then it seems I was unfortunately correct.  There are things I want to tell you but I can't explain it right now. Just know that in regards to your rape accusation I KNOW you didn't do it. You need to be careful because it was all a set up by the church and malty.

The king hates the shield hero, but he wouldn't stoop so low. Why? He's ALSO a hero. Unlike the others, this is his home and that adventurer was actually his daughter. I KNOW it's a lot to take in but just LISTEN. We'll talk in person after the first wave but until then, keep your head down and get stronger. I know you have very little money so I put some silver in here for you to use.

I know I may seem suspicious because I KNEW this was gonna happen. I just hoped in my heart that it wouldn't be so. But it did. I've confirmed a few of my personal suspicions via this incident... okay, next thing is your shield. These weapons are gluttonous creatures and will eat just about anything. I LITERALLY shoved food near mine and it took the WHOLE GOD DAMN THING! PLATE, UTENSILS, FOOD... ALL OF IT!

This stupid jerk. Anyways that's not what's important to take from this. Try putting different things in your shield. Ore, plants, parts of animals and monsters... the results will be different depending on the parts you use, for example: putting utensils in mine got me a skill that allows me to mass produce wooden utensils as long as I got wood nearby. And putting a potion in allowed me to auto make potions if I give it plants. So I gave it plants and got myself a plant grow/creation skill.

TRY IT. You'll thank me later. Next up is something that I noticed the first night but withheld because the other heroes aren't exactly...... HEROES if you know what I mean? I had a dream that night and met my weapons spirit. Naofumi, THESE THINGS ARE FUCKING POSSESSED AND SENTIENT! it's been talking to me since that first night and it sounds and acts and even LOOKS like a human. It's alarming to say the least.

How long have they been stuck in these weapons? Is that why we can't use other weapons? Did something happen to make them fear being left behind? How did they get stuck there? They have names, genders, personalities, and preferences. They're like a FUCKING COMPANION BUT THEY ARE AWARE OF EVERYTHING WE DO AND THINK!

it's really a scary and embarrassing thought. But he promised me he wouldn't peep when I change and stuff so we'll see how it goes. You can PROBABLY talk to yours too y'know? Don't expect a warm reception though. You haven't exactly been.... nice to em... Try starting a conversation. In YOUR HEAD not OUT LOUD. The last thing you need is everyone thinking you're a crazy schizophrenic psychopath.

They already think you're a rapist thanks to THOT. you know that meme? "IF SHE BREATHES, SHE'S A THOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!" funny right?No? Not the time, yeah no okay my bad sorry. Start small and respectful. Apologize for hurting their feelings and politely ask for their gender. You don't want to accidentally offend them even more since you need to  work together from now on! That's all for now! Xoxoxo
~Alyss

Alyss! She believed him! But what she said about knowing it was all gonna happen... can Naofumi REALLY trust her? If she had known why hadn't she helped him or stepped in!? Naofumi didn't know whether to laugh, cry or scream at his luck. He supposed he should try what she suggested... after he stopped dying over BITCH being promoted to THOT... or would it be a downgrade? guess it's a matter of opinion...