A Demon and a failed Coup

"Gah!"

The pope screamed as his arm holding the sword was cut off. He never saw it coming...

"you.... HERETIC!!!" He shouted at me. Blood splattered over my body as I grinned wickedly as I took his other arm.

"You've no one to blame but yourself, priest. If you're wondering why no shadows have come to your rescue... hehe, take a wild guess!"

"You......" he grows as I smirk.

"And now for my killer poem!
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
In the name of the queen....
Omae wa, mo shinderu!"

I bring my sword down into his neck and hold his head in my hands as every one looks on in horror.

"Here you go fucking bitch." I toss the head at malty who reflexively grabs it before dropping it screaming.

A/N: pause! I'm sure you're wondering how we got to this point... let us go back to the day naofumi got framed for melty's kidnapping. I had my shadow kidnap the slave trader and umbra snag the queen for a conference.

"Enough is enough. This time the church has gone too far this time and I've had ENOUGH! The king, the church, and the 1st princess need to go. So, here's the deal. We're going to annihilate the old church and bring all their sins to light, and I will take over and rebuild a new religion where all are treated equally. And you two, will help me!"

Beloukas speaks first. "Why should I do that?"

I sneer. "Cause you're in my house, I can kill you and take what I want, and not only is your business not legal, but you're merchandise is in a trash condition and I can fix that so they can be sold at a higher price, plus you're business will fall through at the start of the final wave. And if you want better business you'll do as I say."

He had a mixture of fear and excitement at my threats and the thought of better business.

"As for you queen, this is the best option. As the shield hero proves stronger and more resilient, the church will go after all his allies including you and your people. It's only going to get worse. I need your go ahead and assistance your majesty."

"Very well. What do you need?"

"First off, I need your most experienced and trustworthy shadow. Beloukas round up all your slaves, even the ones near death, and pack up shop. You're coming to stay here with me till it all blows over. I'll treat your slaves with my magic free of charge, but I need some for my personal use. We're going to annihilate the church, we need a army."

"Certainly... but why must I Move my shop?" Beloukas asks.

"Because, you sold the shield hero his slave and filofial queen. Obviously if he can't catch the shield, he'll take it out on you and you're business! And the nobles will say nothing because it's the princess we're talking about..."

"And why do you need one of my shadows?" Queen Mirelia said.

"I'm going to make my own shadow guard. I've made a machine that can transfer experience and knowledge to another. You're guards are good but not enough to accomplish the goal. All the churches shadows need to die or else we'll have trouble in the future. But shadow guards are a necessity to keep order for us."