The Time Peter Parker (Almost) Died - Angst

Tony was having a bad day. A really bad day. He takes his anger out on Peter.

He already hated himself before the notification from F.R.D.A.Y.

Then, before Tony knows it, Peters paralyzed.

WARNING: mentions of an abusive father, yelling, injuries, heavy mention of blood, slight gore, paralysis, cursing, sad boi tony

_______________________________

Pov: Tony (Whole Oneshot)

Today's been a shit day. I mean, a majority of my life has been shitty, but today's the one day of the year that always really messes me up.

Father's Day.

Even though my face shows a happy billionaire genius who gets whatever he wants, the most important thing in life I did not receive. Fatherly love. Sounds cheesy, but to me, it's painfully true. The memories of disappointed eyes, the never-ending smell of liquor consuming my father, and the hours of shouting, all seem to haunt me today.

Pepper knocks on my labs door gently, and I only give her a grunt of acknowledgement. She walks in without a word and puts down a sandwhich next to me, and leaves. She knows how today affects me, so does Happy. They both know that I won't cooperate and I should be left to my endless tinkering.

My father's cold and calculating eyes track my ever move on Father's Day. I worked so hard to try to earn his affection, approval, respect. I really did. I made straight A's, followed in his footsteps, and made his company grow into something he couldn't have done without me. And in all my childhood, I never heard him say that he loved me. He never even said he liked me. It was like I was a burden to him, and each mistake I made I would start to crumble under his feet. What child deserves that? To not feel love from their own father, to not even be recognized by their own father?

I realize I've been digging my nails into my palms, causing my skin to break. I've also been crying. I stare down at my hands until a notification from F.R.I.D.A.Y. breaks my trance.

"Boss, Peter Parker is here."

Peter? Out of all people Peter has to be here. Why is he here? Out of all days. He can't see me like this. I wipe my eyes quickly with my scabbing hands as the one and only walks in.

"Hey Mr. Stark, so I wanted to kinda stop on by and give you something. I know your rich and all, and it's not even that good, but I spent all night on-" He pauses, looking at my face. "Hey Mr. Stark, what's the matter?"

"Not today kid. You can give whatever it is to me tomorrow, or next week, I don't give a damn. Just not today, ok Peter?" I said, as calm as I could.

"Oh, well I uh, it won't be the same, honestly, because I wanna give it to you on Father's Day." He said, his voice getting quieter at the end. "I could just, set it down next to you-"

"Peter." I said, my temper rising slightly. " Not today. Get out of my lab. Go home Peter."

I can see fear sparking in his eyes. He stands in confusion, slowly backing away. The present, wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper, clutched in his slightly shaking hands.

"Get out!" I yell. "Go! I said get the fuck out!" I see him trip and bolt out of the door, dropping the small gift onto the cold floor.

Oh god. Now the kid hates me. Everybody hates me. Thoughts of hatred fill my head as fresh tears run down my cheeks.

_