The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Pt.2) - Angst

Men with guns enter Peters school.

Peter has to decide whether he stays in the shadows, or goes out and try to protect his classmates.

Let's just say things don't go according to plan.

TRIGGER WARNING: School shootings, mentions of death, violence, swearing, blood, slight gore.

(Part two of the Itsy Bitsy Spider Oneshot)
_______________________________

Tonys Pov:

The coffee machine sputtered as it poured out my fourth cup of coffee, and I walk over to take a burning sip gratefully. Without coffee, I would have to sleep, and sleeping got in the way of working. Sure, it's unhealthy, but health hasn't really been my main priority, besides a few special occasions.

I take the cup over to my lab desk and set it down carefully, not taking my eyes off of Peters spider-man suit. The kid managed to get a huge hole in his suit, and after a scan from Friday to confirm he didn't get shot or stabbed, he convinced me that he just snagged it on a piece of metal. It would be ready when he gets out of school so he could pick it up, which was in two hours.

I mean, I could just drop it off at his Aunts house, now that she knows about his hero side. But I selfishly like having the kid around, hell, I've even gotten' some of the crazy movies this kid loved, like Star Wars and.. Other obsessions like that. I shook my head lightly, letting a small smile cross against my lips. This kid really is something else.

Honestly, I usually thought of Peter like my own son. I've noticed how I have a special place in my heart, reserved just for him. A protective parent-like wave coming over me when he gets hurt patrolling. I would never admit it, but I would protect him with my own life.

I looked down at the coffee mug Peter gave me for Christmas, big words in a handwriting font saying, "OCD: Obsessive Coffee Disorder." No matter how many times I read it, it always makes me chuckle to myself.

The news is heard blankly in the background, but I'm too busy working to focus on the jumble of words. I've always either had the news on or music in the background while I work, and I guess today I was in the mood to hear what was happening around the world.

And then the tv said something that caught my attention.

Midtown Highschool of Science and Technology has reports of masked shooters in their building. Reports state that there are three dead, eight injured, and one missing. We will announce more about the situation once we have gathered more details.

I stood there for a second, staring at the screen confused. Midtown Highschool.. why did that ring a bell?

And then it hit me. I froze in utter terror.

"Friday, is that the school Peter goes to?" I asked tentatively, taking a step forward to the screen and crossing my arms. My eyes were growing wide as more information flashed on the screen.

"Yes, boss, the school projected on the television is, in fact, the school Peter attends."

It didn't take any longer than two seconds before I sprang into action. "Friday, coordinates, now!" I yelled, instantly getting a response. "Right away sir."

I called for my suit, and it immediately attached to my arms and then to the rest of my body. I shot up through the roof, putting the thrusters on maximum speed.

I'm coming Peter, I'm coming!

Peters Pov:

It was so... so dark.