"Sorry I Had to Wake You" - Fluff

Tony has a nightmare, and out of pure panic, he Skype calls Peter at 3 in the morning.
_______________________________

Third Person Pov: (Whole One - Shot)

"I'm sorry.." And just like that, he was gone.

Tony watched in horror as he blew away into nothing. He didn't believe it.

Don't cry, he swore to himself, you're ironman. The worlds protector, leader of the Avengers. Anthony Edward Stark was too strong to shed pathetic tears.

Don't cry.

Don't cry.

Don't-

Forget it. Tears slipped down his face with ease as a sob erupted in his throat. He had failed him, like the rest of the universe.

The world around him swirled, twisted, and contorted. He tried to scream, but he wouldn't have been able to hear it.

Black liquid surrounded him, sticky like tar, filling up the dark ground so quickly he didn't even have the thought to run, and even if he wanted to, he couldn't, holding him in place, the substance reached his hip, then his chest, and before he knew it, he was drowning. It burned his lungs, scorching them with every failed breath.

Tony wakes up.

He lurches forward, greedily gasping for air. He looks around his dark room, it had all been a nightmare, he realized.

He reaches out a shaky hand and turns on the light, the sudden brightness makes him a little calmer, but it wasn't enough.

He looked over at his clock, the soft blue light radiating the digits 3:04 am. His breathing was still ragged and uneven, and it took him a minute or two of trying to calm down his breathing before he could get back to his senses, to at least not start a panic attack.

He needed to talk to Peter.

Swinging his legs over his bed, he carefully laid his feet down on the soft carpet. He sat down with a creak on his chair and turned on his computer. The light illuminating his tired, tear-stained faced. He didn't care if he looked like shit, he needed to talk to him. To hear his voice.

Peters face appeared on the screen on the third ring.

"Mr. Stark?" The teen said sleepily, rubbing his eyes in his Star Wars pajamas. Tony let out a sigh of relief at his voice.

"Mr. Stark is there something wrong? Tony are you-"

"Calm down kid, I'm fine. Just a nightmare is all. Sorry, I had to wake you," Tony reassured, his voice tighter than he thought.

"Was it the nightmare?" Peter asked, concern and sadness mixing in his voice.

"Yeah.." The billionaire breathed out.

Tony leaned back in his chair and paused.

"Tell me about your patrols."

"At three in the morning?"

"Yes, please."

"Well-"

And then Peter was off, rambling about story after story, about how he stopped a robber who was hired to be a clown at a young boys birthday party, and the children were so upset about the party being ruined that Peter decided to stay and do party tricks. About how he helped a little girl on how to fly a kite or how he helped an elderly lady cross the street. Tony couldn't help but have a smile tug at his lips, Peter was such a good kid, he didn't even care what was his assignment, he just did them because he loves people. He never did them for glory or fame, something Tony has been found guilty of doing. He did them because he wants people to be safe and happy.

Tony yawned, feeling his eyes starting to drop. And before he knew it, he was out cold, snoring lightly in his swivel chair.

Peter smiled through the screen. "Goodnight, Mr. Stark. Sweet dreams." And he hung up.

I can't explain why, but this is my favorite one-shot so far in the book