Migraines - Fluff

Peter gets really bad migraines, due to a concussion he got when falling out of a tree at age eleven. He's done a pretty good job hiding them from Mr. Stark.

Until now. Tony goes full on dad - mode.
_______________________________

Third Person Pov: (Whole One - Shot)

Snap, crack, pain. Peter remembers it like it was yesterday, even if it was four years ago. The scream coming out of both his and his Aunts lips, the ambulance, everything. Every sound was at full volume, every light burned his eyes. He passed out before he even got to the hospital. A day that would change the rest.

The migraines started off light, like an annoying buzz at the back of his head, barely even a headache. But as time passed, it turned into painful throbs in his skull that would go on for hours, sometimes days. They weren't your average migraine, they were much, much worse. At first, Aunt May thought he had a tumor or something. Check up after check-up, they both realized that this was just something he had to live with. He had a rare case of head trauma that would take either thirty or eighty years to get over.

Aunt May tried every medication in the books, but nothing worked. They always just came back stronger and way more painful. By the age of thirteen, he was actually starting to get used to them.

Now, fifteen, he doesn't see a week where he doesn't get one. A constant reminder of the stupid decision to go tree climbing and putting all his weight on a rotting branch.

The spider bite wasn't exactly planned, but once Peter learned about his super healing, he was sure that the migraines would go away. He learned quickly that that wasn't the case, with his heightened senses, it only made the pain worse.

He gets bullied for these, of all things. Flash had given him quite the colorful selection of nicknames, but his favorite saying would be: "Just remove your clueless brain, that'll make the headaches go away." Flash makes them worse, to put it lightly.

Patrolling with them has become a regular thing, although it gets difficult, he puts the pain at the back of his mind and fights crime. If Spider-Man can stop a guy with a gun, what does a headache have against him?

And then Tony Stark became a part of his life.

Tony is smart, wicked smart. But he didn't catch onto Peters migraines, so either he was blind, or Peter was an astonishing actor. Either way, Peter was thankful Tony didn't know. Perhaps he would think Peter was weak, and then he'd never have the chance to become worthy in the billionaires' eyes. Peter made sure Tony never figured it out.

That was all destroyed today.

Peter was feeling confident, happy, content. Well, every time he was invited to Tony's lab, he felt like a million bucks, but he was extra happy because he hadn't had a migraine all week. Perhaps it was the new medicine he was being treated with for them, or maybe it was the fact Peter has been practically stress free all week, acing through tests like it's nothing, crime being calm to the point where getting an elderly ladies cat out of a tree is his hardest task that was thrown at him, and Flash was on an expensive trip with his family, so no teasing for Peter. Life was good.

Was.

Peter walks into the building with ease, the familiar buzz of people running against the slick floors almost feels like home to Peter at this point.

He walks over the elevator, a small skip in his step. He was instantly greeted by his second favorite A.I. Sorry Friday, Karen will always be Peters number one. "Hello Peter, I will notify boss of your arrival. How was school today?" The female voice asks, closing the doors with a small ding! before shooting up.

"Awesome. Since it's the weekend, I get to sleep in tomorrow!" He says brightly.

The A.I. chuckles. "That sounds wonderful, Peter."

The doors swing open and Peter calls out a small 'goodbye' to Friday before making his way to Tony's lab.

He opens the doors carefully, and Tony doesn't even look up until Peter clears his throat. "Oh, hey kid. Glad you could make it." Tony said casually, walking away from the object on his desk to pat Peter lightly on the back.

"Cmon, Peter. Let's get to work."

-

Peters spidey senses were starting to annoy him.

He stopped working and looked around the lab, he didn't see any danger. So why were they telling him something bad was about to happen?

"Hey Pete, pass me the screwdriver would yah'?" Tony asks, not even looking up.

Peter grabs the tool, and then his brain explodes.

He faintly hears the screwdriver drop, but he isn't sure. He instantly gains black spots around the counters of his eyes, and he feels as though he's going to pass out from the pain. The migraine was like anything he's ever experienced, each second it bangs at his head, and his first thought that crosses his mind was: Am I going to die?

"Peter?" Tony hesitates, looking over to see the boy shaking.

"Hey, Peter what's up with you? Are you alright?" Tony walks over to him in an instant, Peters' eyes darted around the room frantically, before rolling into the back of his head and passing out limply onto Tony.

"Fri, scan- scan him. Scan him." Tony said in a panic.

"He seems to be having a very severe migraine due to a previous head injury and has passed out from the pain. I suggest you lay him on a comfortable surface, and when he wakes up to provide him with pain medications."

Tony didn't even think before picking up the boy and practically running out of the lab.

-

Peters foggy brain static's to life and he opens his eyes. He sees Tony, worried, in the chair next to him, and a wave of guilt washes over him. He grabs the blue blanket and pulls it off of him and props himself up by his elbows, trying to get up. But Tony jumps at him and pushes Peter back onto the couch lightly.

"No, Peter. You need to rest, ok?"

Peter relaxed, only slightly, however. "Mr. Stark, I'm so sorry. I didn't want you to know because then you wouldn't let me be a hero because of it and-"

"I never said you couldn't be a hero."

Peter paused. "What?"

"I never said you couldn't be a hero, but Peter, please, you really did scare me. I thought you were having a stroke or something." Tony sat back down.

"I just need you to tell me if you get one, ok, migraines are a literal hell, and yours are at maximum pain. I just want you to be alright."

Peter nodded slowly and smiled. "You're being such a dad right now."

Tony chuckled lightly and leaned over to ruffle Peters' hair. "Get some sleep kid."

Peter was out in a matter of seconds, softly snoring as Tony got up from his chair and smiled.

(And that was the end of the "five days of fluff", I think it went waaay too fast. Don't worry, I have many more fluff one-shots in store for you guys.)