Breaking the Ice, Literally - Angst

While Peter and Tony are on a vacation in a cabin, things go a little unexpected when Peter learns the hard way that the ice is too thin for his weight.

(It's fluffy at first, and then shit goes down)
_______________________________

Third Person Pov: Whole One - Shot

Peter liked the snow.

Like was an understatement, actually. Peter loved the snow. The way it would crunch underneath his feet as he walked in a winter wonderland, the air making his lungs breathe in the crisp air happily. Sure, he wasn't really supposed to be cold, with the spider DNA and all, but he wouldn't give it up for the world. It made him happy.

Tony learned this quickly, seeing how Peters' eyes lit up at the snowflakes hitting his nose. So whenever it was Peters winter break, and nearly every week where school was canceled because of the snow, the two of them would go out to the cabin Tony built in the woods for the weekend. And since it was New York, after all, it snowed each time.

Peter could've cried the first time he saw the place, pine trees were reaching the thin clouds, swaying delicately as the winter howls hit them. It looked like a fairy tale.

They both looked forward to it. They would tell each other stories as they enjoyed hot chocolate near a warm fire, or Peter would try to teach Tony how to ice skate even though Tony never seemed to get any better, always falling on his butt every time he seemed to be getting it. They would start snowball fights and build snow forts and when Peter got too cold they would change into comfier clothes and watch movies.

Tony had installed a lab that was only a bit smaller than his own in the basement, so when the ice was too thin or the snow was too harsh for a fire, they would tinker endlessly on both of their suits. Or on anything they could, really. It was a strong tradition that both of them enjoyed.

The genius glanced over at the clock in his lab, 8:45 am and decided to go wake up Peter. The kid liked to sleep in, but then would be upset that he had slept the day away, so he practically begged for Tony to wake him up earlier, no matter how defiant and cranky he was.

Tony marched up the stairs, feeling the warmer level of the cabin invite him happily. He smiled to himself as he carefully opened the wooden door, "Heya' kiddo, time for me to destroy you in a snow-" He stopped mid-sentence to only see a neatly made bed, with no Peter snuggled against the blankets in it. His smile darkened. "Friday, where's Peter?"

"Spider Son could be found outside on the pond, sir." The AI responded.

"That's new. Kids gettin' creative." Tony said nonchalantly. Peter would occasionally hack Friday and make her use funny nicknames for the Avengers and himself, his best being "America's ass" for Steve and "on your left" for Sam.

Tony put on a light coat, not expecting to be out in the cold for long as he opened the door to the outside steadily. He immediately could point of the bright red coat, contrasted to the soft white of the snow. Tony smiled at Peter, but it quickly turned upside down when he saw him on the ice.

When Peter and Tony have first gotten there, they had both put on their skates and gone out on the ice. Well, at least tried to. The ice would shake under their weight and they decided against it for the trip. Tony eyes crinkled in concern as he saw the boy standing right in the middle of the frozen pond.

"Peter? I wouldn't do that. Why don't you stop hurting that poor ice and come watch a movie or somethin'." Tony called out, crossing his arms.

"It's fine Mr. Stark! The ice-" Peter started, stopping mid-sentence as his arms flailed to help him stay balanced. "The ice looked fine to me, so I wanted to give it a shot!"

Tony's expression didn't change as he took a few careful steps towards the pond.

"Besides Mr. Stark, I'm-" Before Peter could finish, the ice cried out a startling crack. Tony looked down, seeing the ice around Peter had grown a large crack. Peter froze.

"Uh, Peter," Tony questioned, taking a few more steps to the pond.

Peter shifted his feet, trying to carefully get off the ice, now that he knew it wasn't safe anymore. But it only resulted in him breaking it more. Now Tony was starting to panic.

"Kid, get out of there it's going to collapse!" He shouted. Peter shuffled anxiously.

"I'm sure it's fine Mr. Stark, it wasn't like this bef-" And then just like that, the ice gave out, giving out a loud crashing sound as it broke down, dragging down Peter with it. Peter felt the cold water stab at his skin, making his fluffy jacket feel useless against his body. His body tightened at the shock, and his lungs were now gasping for air, which only made Peter inhale more of the icy water. He couldn't even move his arms. He couldn't even breathe. He couldn't even see. He was drowning.

Tony's brain seemed to catch on fire at the realization that Peter wasn't on the surface anymore. He immediately sprung into action, not caring at how the ice shook at his weight as he ran to the hole in the pond. He went down on his knees, trying to desperately spot any signs of Peter in the pitch-black water. He couldn't see him.

Tony reached down, desperately trying to feel for the boy. "Peter!" Tony yelled so loud his throat felt like bleeding. He didn't know what to do.

"Friday, get me my suit on now!" He yelled into his Stark Watch, Tony only got out his suit on the trip in case of emergencies, and this was by far one of those times.

"Right away boss." She replied after a few moments of processing the order. Peter should've been swimming upward, or at least moving, right? The water was becoming still under him, and it frightened him to the core.

Tony stood, making sure his shaking legs didn't give out so he would fall under as well. The suit flew through the open door and quickly gathered around the billionaire.

"Friday, look for Peter and give me vitals. Turn on the lights while your at it." Tony ordered, jumping straight into the lake.

"Right away boss. Life form detected." She said, highlighting a small figure that was too far down the lake for Tony's liking. He blasted through the ice water until he saw him, unconscious.

He felt like puking, and he almost did, if he didn't close his eyes and take a deep breath. The boy was so pale it looked far from healthy, and when Tony went to gather him in the heat of the suit, he was limp in the billionaires' arms.

If the sight didn't worry Tony enough, Peters vitals did. His heart was beating at an unsteady rate, changing speeds at random. His body temperate was a mess. Everything was a mess.

Tony took one last glance at the boy, before shooting up out of the ice. He didn't even care he had left everything at the cabin, like his expensive car for any robber to snatch up. He even left the door open, but he didn't care. He needed to get his boy to a hospital.

And by what the vitals were showing him, he had to get there now.

(Can someone PLEASE give me a really good angst fic of Peter getting hurt and Tony freaking out I think I've read all of them and I'm desperate)

(Also argh I know updates are being slow)

(Also sorry I kinda left this on a cliffhanger I'm just too lazy to continue this. I also didn't even go over it.. So yeah. Sorry if this is terrible.)