Overheard - Fluff

On his way to meet Tony and Steve, Peter overhears Tony talk about how much he admires him.
_______________________________

Peters Pov: (Whole One - Shot)

I walked down the halls casually, waving to the employees that worked at the Avengers compound.

It almost feels like going on missions with the Avengers was equivalent to breathing, it was so natural and the team had grown to accept me kinda' like a son. More of so Tony, who goes all out dad mode when I get the smallest of scratches, which is kind of cool, just so you know. But everyone, even Mr. Bucky, had softened to my presence.

Just as I was about to open the door I heard two quiet voices inside. "I just don't think it's a good idea to bring him, Steve."

I stole and hover over the handle, that was Tony's voice.

"Tony-"

"No, Steve. It's way too dangerous." Tony says sternly. My brow creased in confusion. Who's "him"?

"This mission is way too dangerous. It's not like I don't believe in Peter, he could kill the whole team if he really wanted to, but if something were to happen to him.." Tony trails off at the end.

They're talking about me. I lean in on the door and listen closely.

"I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Steve, you don't even know, this kid, he's amazing." My lips curled up, Mr. Stark thinks I'm amazing? Wow, if only I had my phone to record this.

"The talent he posses, god Steve, you have no idea. Pete's also wicked smart, the stuff that he's able to do is crazy." Tony rambles.

"This is a really tough mission. I just.. I can't bring myself to the thought that I put him in a dangerous spot like this. If he gets hurt, or worse.." Tony pauses. "I would never forgive myself."

The conversation seemed to end, and I took a step back so they wouldn't know I was right at the door.

"Mr. Stark? You in there?" I call out, and I hear muffled shuffling before the door opens.

"Hey kid, I uh-"

"I don't think I can go today." I cut him off, making sure I fake cough along with my sentence.

"I'm not feeling too great, could I just sit this one out?"

Tony's face softens in relief, and he nods. "Yeah Pete, why don't you get some Tylenol from the cabinet and lay on the couch. We'll be back in about two or three hours, and then we can watch a movie or something when we get back."

"Ok." I smile, nodding.

I'm so sorry this sucked ahhhhh I wrote this in a hurry