The Funeral

I laid the rose on the coffin, quickly standing beside of my mother again. Wiping my eyes, I looked around at the group gathered around. Most was family, some friends. Then there was Peter Parker and his aunt. Peter was dressed in a nice suit, May dressed in a lovely dress. We were all here, mourning over my sisters death.

Gwen Stacy's death.

My eighteen year old sister who was so smart and kind. Beautiful inside and out. Getting ready to leave for Oxford. Only to be brutially murdered by the Green Goblin, as the news cast calls him. She didn't deserve to go. First dad, now her. Why does everyone in my family get involved with Spiderman? Can we not see what happens if we do?

Letting out a shaky breath, I made my way over to Peter as everyone began walking away once the coffin was in the ground and buried in dirt. He glanced over at me before going back to stare at the fresh grave.

"Hey." I whispered.

He nodded slightly, a tear slipping down his face.

"We'll get through this together." I stated, looping my arm through his, "As long as you're there for me, I'll be there for you."

He looked down at me again before barely letting a smile show, "Deal." he muttered in a broken voice.

I laid my head against his shoulder, "You're coming to the dinner, right?"

"Of course."

I nodded before looking up at him again. Patting his back gently, I turned and walked towards the car.
*~*~*~*~*~

"Gabby, will you please come speak about Gwen?" my mother asked, looking over at me with sad eyes.

I let out a breath and stood from the couch I was sitting on with Peter and his aunt. Slowly making my way up to the front of the room, I glanced around me. Everybody in the room was either close family or friends. I bit my bottom lip and looked down at my hands.

"Well, what can I say?" I started, shrugging my shoulders slightly, "She was my sister. The only person who I could honestly say was ever there for me, besides my mom and dad, when he was alive. I feel like I've lost family members all due to Spiderman. Don't get me wrong, he's pretty cool. I just wish he would stop involving my family in anything.. Gwen was smart. Beautiful inside and out. She was the person I could go to no matter what the situation was." I frowned, "Now, I don't know who I'm going to go to. It's like I don't have anyone left who really understands me. I miss her so much. She left this world way too soon. I wish this was all a dream and I could wake up now so it could all be over with."

By now, tears were steadily streaming down my face. I looked around at everyone, seeing them either wiping their eyes or watching me intently. Peter was staring at me with a blank face, noticable tears forming in his eyes. I shook my head slightly, "I don't know what else to say. I just want this day to be over with." I whispered at last, turning away from everyone and practically running out of the door.
*~*~*~*~*~

So, here's the new story :) it's kind of a slow start, but hopefully it'll be something everyone likes! I have so many ideas for this and I'm excited to be finally writing it! Comment telling me if you like it! I feel like people aren't really liking my stories anymore :(

SONG OF THE DAY:

Rather Be - Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne

DISCLAIMER:

I sadly do not own The Amazing Spider-Man movies, the actors who play in it, or Annasophia Robb, who plays my original character in this.