Your Choice

I stared at the elevator, patiently waiting for it to reach my floor. Wiping my eyes and smoothing out my dress, I stepped into the elevator as soon as the doors open, pressing the button for the first floor.

"Hold it!" a voice yelled out.

I quickly placed my hand on the door, watching Peter run into the elevator with me, slamming into the wall. I let out a quiet laugh and removed my hand, allowing the doors to close, "What's the rush?"

"You don't need to be alone right now. Neither do I." he stated, looking down at me.

I sighed and looked down at my black dress, "I guess you're right." I shrugged, watching the numbers on the small screen slowly count down, "It's just all so much." I whispered.

I heard him let out a quiet breath, "I know."

"Why her? Why not Spiderman?" I asked, shaking my head.

"What?"

"It was him who the Goblin was going after. Not Gwen. Why her?" I frowned, crossing my arms, "Something just doesn't add up together there."

"I don't know." he stated, "People are crazy."

"It's a shame Harry became like that, though. He was pretty good looking." I murmured, only to quickly shake my head again, "I shouldn't think that. Not on a day like this."

"It's okay to get your mind off of it, Gab." he said, letting me off of the elevator first, "You don't have to think about it all the time."

"If I don't, I'll feel really guilty and that's something I don't want on my concious right now." I frowned, looking up at him, "I can't imagine how you feel. First she was moving to England and now.."

"I'm  trying not to think about it too much. Trust me." he muttered, walking beside of me as we crossed the street, "Want to grab some coffee?"

"I'm not feeling coffee. How about we go to Oscorp? I heard they're doing some kind of memorial there for her death." I told him, looking up at him.

I noticed him visibly tense up, causing me to raise an eyebrow slightly.

"Or we can go to Ben and Jerry's. Ice cream always helps, don't it?" he asked, trying to pull me in a different direction.

"No. C'mon. It won't hurt us to go there. Besides, we're still dressed." I shrugged, pulling away from him and walking towards Oscorps.

He sighed quietly and followed me, looking down at his black dress shoes. 

"Do you have some sort of problem with Oscorp?" I asked, "Don't you love science or something?"

"No and yes. I just think we've done enough mourning for the day." he sighed quietly.

I stopped and turned towards him, "There can never be enough mourning for the death of my best friend." I stated, looking up at him square in the eyes, "Now, either you can come and be with me, or leave me by myself. Your choice."

He frowned and ran a hand through his hair, "Come on."
*~*~*~*~

I walked around the room, smiling slightly at all the pictures and flowers they had decorated with. It wasn't much of a memorial; just a small room with said things in it.

"If I ever meet Spiderman in person," I started, turning towards Peter, "He's probably going to get a mouth full, plus a couple of kicks to the crotch. He could have done so much more to try and save her."
*~*~*~*~

There you have it! :D