A Visit

Gabby's words echoed through my head. It's not like I already felt horrible, but it's not like Gabby knows I'm Spiderman.. I sighed and looked up at my ceiling. Why did this have to happen? Why did Harry go crazy just so he could live? Turning on my side, I picked up my phone, staring at the picture of Gwen and I.

 Why did this have to happen? Why couldn't she just stay away from what was happening like I asked? Why couldn't I get to her soon enough?

I was brought out of my thoughts as my phone beeped with a text. Opening it, I saw it was from Gabby, asking what I was doing.

Just thinking.

I'm missing her really bad right now. Mom's crying again and my brothers aren't home. I don't know what do to. Everytime I try to talk to her, she tells me it's fine and to go back to my room..

I frowned at her reply, standing up slowly, I'll be there soon. I replied, pulling open my window.
*~*~*~*~*~

I glanced in through the window, like I've done to Gwen many times before. I quickly shook my head. No thinking of her right now..even though I'm at her house..

Gabby was sitting on her bed, glasses perched on her nose, a pillow close to her chest, and the book if i stay in her hands. I knocked lightly on her window, causing her to jump slightly before looking over at me. She raised an eyebrow before folding down the corner of the page she was on before standing up.

She was wearing black leggings and a Oxford hoodie. I frowned slightly at the hoodie, a sigh escaping my lips. Gabby quickly pulled open the window, "How did you get up here?"

"Just climbed. I don't like your doorman." I chuckled slightly before climbing inside.

"Yeah, I guess so." she mumbled, closing the window again.

I turned towards her again, finally noticing the tears streaming down her pale face. I frowned and quickly pulled her into a hug, causing her to start crying even harder, "It's just not fair." she sobbed, "Why did this have to happen?"

"I don't know, Gab. I don't know." I muttered, "Look, what we have to do is try and move on. We can't keep replaying this accident in our heads." I told her, rubbing her back softly.

She let out a breath, "It's hard not to. I literally have no one, Peter. Mom's too upset to be here for me and she doesn't even want me to be there for her. My brothers are crushed, sure, but they forget about it by leaving every night." she mumbled, shaking her head slightly, "I don't know what to do to forget about it."

"You have me." I stated, pulling away and looking down at her, "I'm always going to be here. We're just going to have to find things to keep ourselves occupied."

"But everytime I'm around you, it reminds me of her." she frowned.

"That's how it is for me, but we agreed on being here for each other."

She sighed, "I know."

"That's what we're going to do. We're going to continue being here for each other, okay?"

She let a small smile appear on her face, "Okay. Wanna watch a movie?" she asked as she walked over to a small shelf.

"Whatever you want." I stated, sitting down on the bed.

I glanced over at her nightstand, staring at a picture of Gwen, her, and I. I smiled softly, seeing her beautiful, bright smile. Except the her I was thinking wasn't Gwen.

It was Gabby.
*~*~*~*~*~

The picture he was looking at on his phone on the side!