I Just Want You To Be Happy

I rolled over, my eyes meeting a bare chest. I blinked and looked up, seeing Peter asleep, quiet snores escaping his lips. I sat up and ran a hand through my hair before standing. I picked up the pillow I was sleeping on, bringing it down on his head. He instantly jumped awake and sat up as I almost fell to the floor laughing.

"That's not funny." he chuckled quietly.

"Then why are you laughing?" I giggled, sitting back down on the edge of the bed, "You better go home. Your aunt is probably worried where you are."

"She knows I'm here." he smiled, kissing my cheek, "Wanna go out for breakfast?"

"Sure." I nodded.
*~*~*~*~*~

I sat my water down, clearing my throat, "So, who was the girl?" I asked quietly.

Peter tensed up, his fork hovering in front of his mouth. He sat it down and smoothed out his shirt, "One of Gwen's other friends. Her name was Mary Jane."

"Oh." I mumbled, nodding slightly, "Did you ever hang out with her before or..?"

"Can we not talk about this? I thought you forgave me."

"I did, but I would still like a few more answers." I frowned, looking up at him, "Did you ever hang out with her or not?"

"Yeah, I did." he sighed loudly.

"While we were together?"

He hesitated before nodding slowly, "Sometimes, yeah."

"So.. you've cheated on me before I caught you?" I asked in a quiet voice.

"What? No. No, no, no, Gabby." he whispered, "That was the first time anything like that had ever happened."

I poked at my pancake, biting my bottom lip, "Do you like her better?"

"No." he frowned.

"I mean, you can tell me. I won't be as upset, Pete. I just want you to do whatever makes you happy. Even if that means you want someone else beside me." I whispered, staring down at my food.

I heard him get up, soon sliding in the booth beside of me and wrapping his arms around me tightly, "You're the only one I want, Gabrielle. Not Mary. Not anyone else. You're the one for me." he stated quietly.

I turned my head towards him, staring into his brown eyes, "I just want you happy."

"I am, happy. I'm with you, how could I not be?"

"Because you loved Gwen and you ended up kissing someone else. That doesn't really prove you're happy with me."

He sighed and pressed his forehead to mine, "I did love Gwen, but I noticed you. Every time we were hanging out at your house, I would make sure you would be there with us too. Mary was just there for me, like you. She was helping me feel better and that day you came over, she kind of just..kissed me. I tried to stop it, telling her I was with you, but she wouldn't listen. I am happy with you."

I smiled slightly and pressed my lips to his, feeling him smile slightly before kissing me back. I pulled away and looked up at him, "Never leave me." I whispered.

"I won't as long as you never leave me."
*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well..

Damn.

#Gater