Feelings Revealed

I pulled my hair up into a bun, hair spraying the fly aways down. Letting out a breath, I looked over at my purse, biting by bottom lip. Today, Peter suggested we go visit her grave. I suggested we make it a daily thing, no matter the weather and he agreed completely. Picking my purse, I quickly walked out of my room, keeping my eyes drawn to the ground as I passed Gwen's closed off bedroom.

"I'll be back later." I called to no one in particular, pulling open the front door.

I laughed quietly, seeing Peter standing there with his fist raised, getting ready to knock.

"Oh. Uh, hey." he chuckled, "Ready to go?"

I nodded and stepped out beside of him, "Ready as I'll ever be."

He remained silent as we made our way to the elevator, only speaking once we got in, "It's cold outside. You should have brought a jacket."

"You should have told me that before we left my apartment." I laughed, looking up at him, "Besides, I'll be okay."

"You sure?"

"Positive."
*~*~*~*~*~

"Take my jacket." Peter stated, shrugging off his dark grey jacket and handing it to me as we made our way to Gwen's grave.

"I'm fine." I stated, hugging myself even tighter, trying to stop shivering.

"Take the jacket."

"I'm fine." I repeated.

"Take it."

"No."

"Take that damn jacket, Gabby."

"I don't want it."

He sighed loudly before stepped behind me and draping the jacket over my shoulders, "You're going to get hypothermia if you don't keep that on."

"Why is it even this cold?"

"Winter is coming up fast." he shrugged slightly.

I nodded and glanced down at the ground, noticing we were now at our destination. 

                                                                Gwen Stacy
                                                                 1995-2014
                                             Beloved daughter, sister, and friend.
                                                          You will be missed.

Frowning, I glanced up at Peter, who was just staring at the grave with a blank face. I sighed, "Maybe we shouldn't have come so soon."

"No. It's right to do this." he stated, never looking away.

I slowly sat down in front up the dug up ground, "If I could trade places with her, I would." I whispered, "It shouldn't be her down there. It should be someone like me. She was going to go far in life. I mean, she was beautiful. Smart, funny.. Hell, she even had you. She was happy. Then there's me, who isn't any of that stuff. She should still be here while I'm the one rotting in the ground."

"Gabby.." Peter sighed, sitting down beside of me.

"Don't. You know it's true. Everyone does."

"You're exactly like her."

"No. Look at me, Peter. I'm not nearly as beautiful as she was. I'm not as nice or smart. I'm not even funny." I sighed loudly, looking up at the sky, trying to hold back my tears.

"You're all of that and more, Gabby." he stated, looking over at me.

I shook my head and looked back down at the ground, "No. If I was, I would have been with you instead of Gwen."

"What?"

I tensed up, "I don't even know what I'm saying anymore."

"But you do." he stated, never looking away from my face.

"Let's go to that restaurant Gwen became obsessed with. I never went and I heard it's good." I said, quickly standing, "Want to?"

"Gabby-"

"Isn't it like a meatball place?" I asked, fixing my bun.

"We need to tal-"

"C'mon. Who knows when they close! We gotta go!" I stated, starting to walk away.

"I feel the same, Gabby." he quickly said, causing me to freeze in my tracks.
*~*~*~*~*~

Too soon? ... oh well :D