Truths Revealed

Chapter 2

"Natsuki...." Yuri sounded angry.

"Who did this?" Yuri looked into her eyes, a new flame Natsuki had never seen before lie inside them.

Natsuki stayed silent, turning her head in shame.

She thought she was weak for never standing up for herself, never fighting back.

"Natsuki." Yuri gripped Natsuki tightly by the shoulders.

"Papa." Natsuki said simply.

Yuri loosened her grip, her arms falling slack at her sides.

"That bastard!" Natsuki's eyes widened, she had never, ever, heard Yuri swear before.

"I'm so sorry, are you alright?!" Yuri spoke quickly in a panicked voice, her eyes wandering all over Natsukis bruised neck.

"I'm fine. Just drop it, okay? I can handle myself." she hated being so crude to Yuri, yet she felt it was the only way to get her to back off.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I won't pry if you don't want to tell me." Yuri said, her shy voice coming back into play.

"Thank you." Natsuki said curtly, her arms folding over her chest as she continued to stare off to the side.

"But promise you'll tell me when you're ready?" Yuri asked, placing a hand softly to the small in Natsuki's back as she shivered at her touch.

"Fine." Natsuki answered shortly.

She jumped up at the sound of the timer, racing over to pull the cupcakes from the oven.

Natsuki risked a glance back to see Yuri still seated on the floor, and damn, did she look hot.

Her hair was messy and fell in roused knots down her shoulders, her navy sweater rumpled near her chest to reveal a bit more skin, and she held her fingers gingerly to her lips as she stared off into space.

I knew it. She hated the kiss.

She hated kissing you. She'll never speak to a freak like you after today!

Her thoughts clouded her mind as she absently touched a hot pan, yelping in pain.

Yuri shot back to attention, rising to her feet.

"Did you get hurt?" Yuri asked, examining her newly pinked flesh.

"I'm fine." Natsuki said simply, placing her hand under the cool water of the sink to numb the pain.

Yuri felt a small jab at her heart yet ignored it, stepping away as Natsuki had insisted.

Natsuki sighed, feeling terrible for how she was treating Yuri. It was unfair.

"Yuri," she began, biting her lip as she turned the faucet off.

"I'm sorry. Im being a jerk and all you're trying to do is help. That's unfair." Natsuki explained, taking a step closer to the taller girl.

"Apology accepted." Yuri smiled softly down at her, which caused Natsukis blush to return.

They continued to stare once more, the rest of the world slipping beyond their reach.

Suddenly Natsuki's phone vibrated from the counter as she groaned in annoyance.

She picked it up, the caller ID showing it was Papa trying to call her.

Her eyes widened in fear as she also noticed she was an hour later than she had promised to be home by.

"H-Hello?" She picked up the phone, her voice cracking.