Fear

Chapter 16

Trigger warning in effect for my lighthearted readers! ;-; (oh god I'm a horrible person why did I write this?!)

As the three girls were seated in the diner the bell of the door chimed, a sweaty Monika bursting through.

"Sayori Easton!" Monika's shrill voice boomed as she stomped towards their table.

"You cannot just up and leave your hospital room! I know you had doctoral permission, but next time please let me know before you go off on an adventure." Monika crossed her arms as she glared down at her lover, who shrunk back into the booth in fear.

"S-Sorry, Moni..." Sayori said, scratching the back of her neck.

"It's fine..." Monika slid into the booth beside her.

"Have you told them the news?" Monika asked, not looking at anyone in particular since all three other girls had something major to tell.

"Not yet." Sayori and Natsuki said in unison, looking at each other in utter confusion as Monika and Yuri giggled at the cuteness of their girlfriends.

"You go first." Natsuki offered, nodding to her friend from across the table.

"No no, you should probably go." Sayori said.

"But I said-" Yuri clamped a hand over Natsuki's mouth.

"We're dating." Yuri deadpanned, removing her hand and patting Natsuki affectionately on the head.

Monika squealed and Sayori's jaw dropped.

Sayori smirked at Natsuki, her eyes widening in excitement.

"I knew it! I told you!!'" Sayori said, pointing a finger in Natsuki's face.

Natsuki swatted her hand away with a huff.

"Yeah yeah... What's your big news?" Natsuki changed the subject.

The smiles instantly fell from Sayori and Monika's faces, causing Natsuki's to fade in worry as well.

"Well... The doctors said..." Sayori began. Monika held her hand and gave it a squeeze.

"They said they wanted to try putting me on some medications... Shock therapy... Keep me there until they see a change..." Sayori smiled sadly, though you could tell it was fake by the way her eyes were glossy with unshed tears.

"Sayori is going to be there at six months..." Monika added, lying her head on Sayori's shoulder.

Natsuki eyes widened as she clenched her fists to her sides.

"So that's it? They're just gonna make you stay there until what exactly?! This is bullshit!" Natsuki growled, tears making their way down her face in anger.

Sayori placed her hand atop Natsuki's in an attempt to calm the younger girl down.

Yuri wrapped an arm around her as well and rubbed her arm soothingly.

"It's not fair..." Natsuki trailed off, fighting to keep the tears at bay.

"I know... I don't want her to have to do it, either...." Monika spoke up, nuzzling deeper into her lovers side.

"I'm gonna be okay, guys..." Sayori assured everyone with a bright smile only Sayori could provide.

Yuri lay her head on Natsuki's shoulder, hugging the short girl tighter.

"Yeah..." Natsuki agreed, nodding her head.

An eerie silence filled the booth, save for the chatter of other patrons and the soft 80s pop blaring in the background.