Epilouge

Epilouge

(All good things must come to an end, eventually.)

Natsuki opened the door to their house, instantly feeling a pair of arms around her.

"Hey, Yuri." Natsuki smiled up at her.

Yuri's hair had been cut considerably, now reaching just past her shoulders.

"Hey, cake pop." Yuri grinned.

She tousled Natsuki's pink hair, which was about the same length since she hadn't cut it recently.

"How was work?" Yuri asked.

"Pretty good. Boss gave me the rest of the day off cuz of slow business, but I'm not complaining 'bout a break." Natsuki shrugged.

"Well I'm glad you're home early." Yuri said.

"Me too. How's your novel coming along today?" Natsuki asked as she hung up her jacket.

"Its going well, I think I'll have it finished by a few weeks from now." Yuri commented.

"Sayori invited us to Marcus's hockey game tomorrow, wanna go?" Natsuki said.

She worked in a small bakery in addition to her job as an on call police officer.

"Of course! Man, he's gotten so big!" Yuri said.

"Yeah. His twelfth birthday was just last month." Natsuki said with a grin.

Yuri kissed Natsuki's cheek before taking a seat on the couch.

She held out her arms, making grabbing motions towards Natsuki.

"Yuri, I'm twenty-three. I'm too old to be held in a lap." Natsuki shook her head with a laugh.

"That's up for discussion." Yuri said sternly.

Natsuki caved with a sigh, turning to sit in Yuri's lap.

"See? You fit just fine." Yuri teased, poking her cheek.

"Oh, hush." Natsuki playfully swatted her hand away.

"Oh Monika called today, by the way. She asked if Jessica maybe told you what she wants for her birthday." Yuri said, nuzzling her cheek against Natsuki's back.

"I think she said something about horses. That child is obsessed with horses." Natsuki said.

"I'll let her know." Yuri giggled.

Natsuki turned to face her, planting a long kiss to Yuri's waiting lips.

"We've been married for what, five years now? And I still get butterflies when you kiss me." Natsuki said, caressing Yuri's cheek.

"I know what you mean. I still feel like a nervous teenager around you sometimes." Yuri said back with a smile.

They leaned in for another kiss, holding each other close.

So much had happened when they were younger, and they were glad those days were behind them.

Natsuki had managed to finally grow a few more inches due to a healthier diet and some helpful hormones her doctor had prescribed.

Yuri has been cut free for three years, would be five if she hadn't had a slip a few years back.

Sayori and Monika were still doing fine, as well, now accompanied by their two outstanding children.

Yes all was well in their world, and they wouldn't change a single thing.

Yuri pulled back, gazing into those bright pink orbs she always seemed to get lost in.

"I love you." she said, tucking some stray hair behind Natsuki's ear.

"I love you too." Natsuki said, smiling widely at her.

"Tomorrow's my day off... What should we do?" Natsuki asked.

"As long as I'm with you, I don't care what we do." Yuri said.

"You say that every time I ask, hun. There's gotta be something you want to do." Natsuki said, playfully rolling her eyes.

"Well... What about we can just sit here, and I can hold you." Yuri said with a smile, hugging her tighter.

"That sounds perfect." Natsuki beamed, leaning into the touch.

Yuri giggled at her, peppering kisses all over Natsuki's face.

Natsuki squealed and giggled, kissing her back.

"Yuri, you spoil me too much." Natsuki said suddenly.

"I only give you as much as you deserve. Well, that's a lie. You deserve everything in the world, but I give you what I can." Yuri said.

"You're the one who deserves everything. You're perfect, in every way. All your quirks, all your flaws, all your habits... I love every single part of you." Natsuki said, combing a hand through Yuri's hair.

"What did I do to deserve you?" Yuri asked with a chuckle.

"I could ask you the same thing." Natsuki replied.

They leaned in for another kiss, smiling into it.

~~~

Hey, guys! I hope you liked reading Bittersweet! Please make sure you check out my other books and stay tuned for Benevolent, the sequel to this that revolves around mainly Sayori and Monika's relationship.
I have tossed around the idea of making a third book recently, about what happens after the events of both stories, but I guess I'll just play it by ear.
Until next time!
Love,
Diana