Rescue

Chapter 12

Natsuki couldn't help but feel guilty.

Yuri was offering her everything she could possibly need, yet she had nothing to offer in return.

She had offered to pay the older girl back on multiple occasions and every time Yuri simply smiled and insisted that it was her treat.

It was becoming too much on her conscience.

That's it... I have to go back...

Go back to what? Crawl back to daddy and beg for forgiveness? Pathetic...

She bit her lip as she checked the clock. Midnight.

Yuri was dead asleep, her back turned to Natsuki as she lie awake in bed.

Natsuki quietly slipped out of bed and grabbed her bag, trudging silently out of the room and down the stairs.

She paused at the door, realising this may very well be the last time she would be allowed to step foot inside this place that felt like her home.

With one final glance, she left, clicking the door shut behind her.

~~~

Switching gears to Yuri's perspective!

Yuri stirred awake, puzzled when she didn't feel Natsuki's usual warmth against her.

She breathed deeply, not getting a single whiff of Natsuki's sweet honey aroma.

Yuri bolted upright, immediately noticing something wasn't right.

Natsuki's bag was no longer on the floor.

Where did she go?

Yuri decided she would most likely see her at school, from wherever she went, and ask her then.

Yuri quickly got dressed and left for school, anxious to see Natsuki as soon as possible.

~~~

Yuri didn't see Natsuki at all that day.

After school, she raced into the club room and immediately asked two of the new Junior members if they had seen Natsuki in any of their classes.

Both girls said she never showed up to any of their classes.

Yuri ran up to Monika, her heart hammering wildly.

"Monika, do you know where Natsuki is?" Yuri asked desperately.

"I haven't... Wait, isn't she staying with you?" Monika asked, confused.

"She wasn't there when I woke up this morning." Yuri said quietly, sweating heavily in her state of silent panic.

"Let me call her." Monika quickly pulled out her cell phone and dialed Natsuki's number.

"H-H-Hello?" Natsuki's voice was barely a whisper and you could clearly hear the fear in her words.

"Natsuki, where are you?" Monika asked.

"I can't tell you." Natsuki said in the same hushed tone.

"Why not?" Monika pressed, glancing at Yuri who was trying to listen to the conversation as well.

"Because you'll tell Yuri." Yuri froze.

Don't tell me she-

"Natsuki. Are you with your father?!" Yuri grabbed the phone from Monika, pressing it close to her ear.