Sayori

Chapter 11

Natsuki woke the next morning and groaned.

It was Monday. Which meant school.

With a sigh she slipped out of Yuri's arms to prepare for the day.

As she pulled on a fresh shirt she glanced back at her lover, smiling softly at Yuri's cute sleeping face.

Her phone buzzed with a message from an unknown number.

???: Hey it's Sayo

Sayori? Where has she been?

N: Hey! Where have you been lately? We've been worried..

Natsuki clutched her phone tightly in anticipation.

Sure, Sayori had missed school before, but never more than a day or without a good reason.

S: Monika said she'll tell you today.

Natsuki looked at her phone, confused.

What did she mean? Was it serious? Should she be worried?

Yuri stirred softly, raising her head and smiling at Natsuki.

"Morning, Sunshine." Yuri said cheerily.

"Hey..." Natsuki called, still deep in thought.

"Is something wrong?" Yuri asked, coming up behind Natsuki as she wrapped her arms around her waist.

"No, I'm good." Natsuki assured her, planting a small kiss on her cheek.

The two girls continued to get dressed and walked to school, hand in hand.

When they arrived at the front gate, however, Yuri took a step back, releasing Natsuki's hand as she looked at the ground.

"What's wrong?" Natsuki asked this time, pausing to gaze at her lover.

"Oh, nothing! I'll see you in club, Natsuki." Yuri hurriedly rushed into the school, leaving Natsuki confused and slightly hurt.

She's embarrassed to be seen with you.

You're wrong...

She doesn't really love you.

Shut up...

You're nothing.

SHUT UP.

Natsuki repeatedly slapped the side of her head in frustration, feeling her palms sweat.

She took a deep breath and screwed her eyes shut tight.

What if her mind was right? Was Yuri ashamed to be seen with her? Embarrassed to be her girlfriend?

Natsuki stumbled almost lifelessly through the day, waiting endlessly until school was over so she could see Yuri again.

The final bell ended as Natsuki sighed in relief, saying a quick goodbye to Avery as she made her way to the Literature Club's room.

No, I did not forget my little OC Avery. And yes for those of you wondering she is an OC but no I do not have any fanart to show of her. Now on with the story!!!

Natsuki slumped into her usual desk near the back, sighing deeply as she gazed around at the new members who milled into the room.

The book fair attracted at least six new members, all girls. It made Natsuki feel... small.