ii. welcome to the family (number five)

a/n: hey guys this is the second part to 'welcome to the family'. they're still all 16 and it's still told in i. hope you enjoy!
warnings: swearing again, soooo much fluff, five being less of an asshole (we still love him). it's also kind of half edited (i'm lazy).

A few months had past since I had joined the academy. I was welcomed quite easily by the family, as a fresh face at home was rare for them. I had quickly settled in, and got used to the way things ran around here. Not to say I didn't miss my family back home, it was just nice to be around people who were like me. I helped around as much as I could, and tried to get to know each of the kids for who they were instead of who the media told us they were. I learnt that Diego actually used to have a stutter when he was younger, and that Allison wanted to be an actress when she was older, overall it was really easy settling in. The only one who would not open up to me was, surprise! Number five. Every chance he got he would try to mess around with me. On the first mission I had with them, which was a big bank heist, he had shoved me into one of the robbers causing me to almost get shot, and another time he had 'accidentally tied my shoes together causing me to fall over every 5 seconds. At home he barely spoke to me, which I guess was better then him being the main cause of my death. Still, it was strange. Every so often I would catch him staring at me. Not glaring, not looking at me wondering where he could bury my body without anyone noticing me. Just staring. Every time I would catch him, he would quickly look away as if nothing had happened. I let it go. It can mean anything, can it? I always wanted to say something to him, about why he despised me so much but I could never find the right words.

We had just gotten back from a mission we were all beat. The others retreated to their room, all collapsing on their beds. I, however, knew I stank like I skunk, so I headed to the bathroom to have a quick shower. I pushed open the door with a sigh and a flick of my wrist, too lazy to open it with my already weak muscles. I was all ready to wash away all my worries and pains, when, standing in front of me was a shirtless and bruised number five. Oh shit.
I stood still for a moment, not really sure what to say or where to look. Well, actually I knew where I was looking. My eyes were glued to his pale but toned chest, which was covered in a variety of deep, purple bruises. He suddenly notices me standing in the door way and widens his eyes in surprise, dropping the bandages he had in his hand.

"I uh, I'm so sorry I, shit, I'm so sorry."

I try to stutter out a response, and he clearly doesn't know what to say either. I suddenly find the words.

"What the hell happened to you?!"

I yell at him. He groans and takes a seat on the bathtub.

"When those dickheads cornered me they managed to beat me pretty bad before I could get away. Cut me up even worse."

He bends down and grabs the bandages again and turns around, trying to bandaged up a pretty deep cut on his shoulder. I gasp.

"Five oh my god! Here let me help."

I close the door, run forward and snatch the role of bandage out of his hand before he can protest. I grab a cloth, cleaning the wound before taping it up. He's quiet, his eyes avoiding any contact with mine. I work silently, not wanting to say anything that would piss him off and make him angry with me. I really didn't feel like doing any more fighting today. I would be lying if I didn't say I hadn't noticed how attractive he was. For a 16 year old boy, he was very good looking, and it was hard to concentrate on bandaging him without thinking about how warm his skin felt under my fingertips. After what felt like hours I was done with the worst of the cuts. I stood back and admired my work. I turned to leave.

"Thank you Y/N. Really."

I gave him a small smile and nodded, turning to leave once again.

"I'm so sorry I've been such a dick to you, honestly I am."

I stopped dead in my tracks. I swivelled around slowly, not quite believing what I had heard. I slowly walked over to him and joined him at the edge of the bathtub. Well, it's now or never.

"Well, why are you so mean to me? I hardly did anything to you."
"You lived the life I'd always dreamed about. You got two loving parents, an education which didn't involve how to kill a man in 8 different ways, you got friends who cared about you and you had a future. I have none of that, and I was angry at you for that. I'm sorry."

I couldn't believe it. He was apologising? Five has never done that in his life. I nudge his shoulder with a chuckle, all my anger towards him slipping away.

"Hey I mean, everyone gets jealous. Don't worry yourself about it."

He smiles. Like a genuine smile.

"I guess I was also angry at you for making me feel things."
"Feel things?"
"You know. I guess I...I like you Y/N. I really really like you"

I'm shook. He likes me? Me? Y/N L/N. WHAT! I didn't know how to respond. Why the hell did this smart, funny, good looking asshole like me? I look down at my feet, heat rising to my cheeks.

"W-what? Why? What's so special about me?"
"What's so special? For Christ's sake you're attending an academy for people with superpowers and you're wondering what's special about you?"
"No I mean, why would you like me?"
"Why wouldn't I like you? You're cute, you're smart as hell, and you can fight like a badass. What's not to like?"

I keep my eyes glued to the floor. So many feelings are running through my body it's too hard to keep up. Suddenly, I feel his hand turn my head up towards him. Our faces are inches apart. My heartrate goes ballistic, and I feel like I can't breathe. He leans in, and I lean in closer.

The kiss is so gentle. His lips are so soft, and they move in sync with mine. He cups my face and I move my body closer, running my hand through his soft hair. Holy fuck how is happening.

We're so focused on each other that we both don't hear the bathroom door opening.

"Out of all the thousands of bathrooms in this house I had to open the one where you two are snogging."

Klaus says with a slight hint of annoyance. Five and I pull away slowly, and turn towards the interrupter. Klaus dramatically puts his hand over his eyes and wails.

"My poor, innocent mind is shattered, how could this be? What have you two done to me?"

Five and I laugh, looking at each other. I feel like kissing him again.

"Well this is all lovely and romantic, but I'd like to piss thank you very much. Out you go."

I help Five up, making sure not to hurt any of the cuts on his back or chest. Klaus kicks me on the way out and I punch him in the arm. As the door closes Five leans in again and kisses me on the cheek. I glance at him.

"As much as I would like to keep kissing you, I'm tired and still bleeding. See you later Eight."

He limps off down the hallway and into his bedroom. I can't stop myself from silently cheering as I bounce back to my room.