xiii. i'm bored (teenage!five)

a/n: hey guys, this is just something random i thought of. i've got a few requests i'm working on for klaus and diego, so i'll get them done asap.
warnings: tiny bit of language, just pure fluff
request: none, but based on the prompt "Are you... are you braiding my hair right now? Is that how bored you've become?"

It was Saturday afternoon and you had nothing to do. All your friends were busy, you had no homework and you were bored of watching daytime television. Trying to find something fun to do, you had sought refuge on Five's bed. You were lying upside down on the thin, dark blue sheets, trying to pass the time by counting the number of roof tiles there were. You glanced over at your boyfriend, who was furiously writing down equations and words that had no meaning to you. Deciding to annoy him for your own amusement, you rolled over onto your side and threw a pillow at his head, which he somehow dodged due to his lightning fast reflexes. He gave you a harsh glare glare before returning to his work.

"Babeeee entertain me I'm bored."
"I don't have time Y/N, I'm working. Read a book or something."
"I've read all the books in your room!"
"I don't know, go get something to eat."
"I'm not hungry!"
"Then walk around the house or something. Go on an adventure."
"The last time I did that, your dad found me lost in the library and decided to give me a 30 minute lecture on why I shouldn't 'wander off' in an 'unfamiliar place'. Talk about loving the sound of his own voice."

Five chuckles at this, before realising what he's doing and frowns again, continuing to mutter at the number of papers messily laid around him on his desk.

You sighed loudly, tapping your hands on the bed. Rolling into your stomach, you poked your head under the bed to see if you could find anything of interest. It was mostly just old shoes, a few books, even a couple of rock albums that you didn't know he had. Out of the corner of your eye, you spotted something tucked away in the corner. It was a small, grey coloured shoebox. You drag it towards you and open the lid to reveal an old, worn out leather diary. You start flicking through the pages, assuming that it would just contain more numbers and equations. After reading a few sentences however, it dawned on you that it was in fact Five's personal diary. The first half of it was mostly about Academy life and his brothers and sisters, and it was interesting to see his perspective of things. Flicking through to the more recent entries, your name started to appear more and more. It was mostly Five writing down dates you two had been on, stories you two shared, even just some random things you said that he thought were funny or cute. It made you blush, but you decided to mess around with Five before you told him how adorable you found it.

"Y/N and I went on the most wonderful date yesterday. I snuck out of the house to pick her up, and we sat on a swing and talked for hours. It was magical-"

Five shoots his head up, and turns around so quickly you're afraid he'll get whiplash. All you can do it grin at him, book still in your hands. You continue to read, your smile growing by the second.

"I've never felt like this towards anyone. She is my Pooh-bear and I love her."
"Give me the book Y/N."
"What happens if I don't?"

A sly smile appears on his lips, and you realise what he's about to do. You quickly dart for the door, but he teleports behind you and picks you up, hugging you to his chest and tickles you. You let out a small scream of surprise, laughing your ass off while also trying to catch your breath. You struggle out a few more words.

"I love her so much, she is my one true desire-"
"Give me the book Y/N."

He says sternly, lips brushing your ear. You turn around to meet his eyes and give him a quick kiss on the lips, before begrudgingly handing him over the diary. He quickly snatches it from you and drops you. Walking back over to his desk, Five opens a draw and throws the book inside before slamming it shut, sitting down at his desk again.

"You're no fun."
"Shut up, I'm always fun."
"Oh yeah, today you're sooo fun. I love sitting around all day watching you do work. Seriously it's my favourite pastime."
"It's not my fault that you've got no friends to hang out with and that you're not entertained by time travel."
"First of all, ouch, you're a dickhead. Second of all, I love time travel you asshole! Just not the...smart bits in between. I don't know, I just wish you would spend a little time with me."

Flopping down onto the bed again, you close your eyes and try to pass the time by napping. A few seconds later, to your surprise you felt the bed dip and a body came to rest beside you.

"Five minutes."

You smile widely and move closer to him. Rolling onto your side, your hands instinctively go to Five's chestnut hair, playing with it and pulling the strands slightly. He closes his eyes and enjoys the peacefulness of the situation, light pouring into the room and bathing it in a gorgeous golden glow. It was a rare moment you two shared, as he was always on missions and you were at school. Even when he did get time off, he was still unhealthily obsessed with his work. After a few minutes, you start to try to French braid Five's hair and he groans, making you giggle.

"Are you... are you braiding my hair right now? Is that how bored you've become?"
"Well at least it's passing the time. You've got such nice hair to braid by the way! It's so soft. I love it."
"As much as you love me?"
"Hm, that's tough. My love for your hair is probably just a little bit higher then my love for you."
"Wow thanks Y/N I love you too! It's great having a girlfriend who thinks the same way I think about her!"

He says sarcastically, making you slap his shoulder slightly. You bury your face in the crook of his neck, and kiss the skin, making Five sigh contently. Both of your eyes start to droop, and you know sleep will come soon.

"I love you more then anything."

You mumble into his skin, pressing another lazy kiss to it. He kisses the top of your hair, and before you know it you've both fallen asleep in each other's arms.