x. nobody hurts my girl (number five)

a/n: hey guys, here's the very requested part two, i tried to make it as fluffy as possible for you guys. set in present day, during the apocalypse. i've also got another klaus imagine I'm writing, hopefully it'll be up soon. hope you enjoy!
warnings: wound description, language, kind of shitty and short, but heaps of fluff
request: a few people wanted this one so here you are

five's pov:

With Y/N's body laying limp in my arms, I teleported her back to the house, screaming out for my siblings to come and help me. I run into the makeshift hospital room and place her down carefully on the bed, quickly checking her vital signs to see if she's still alive. Just barely. Blood still seeps from the hole in her shoulder, not to mention the countless bruises and cuts littering her body left by Hazel and Cha-Cha. Somehow, she still manages to look like an angel, and I can't help but stroke her blood stained hair, annoyed at myself for letting her get into this situation.

The whole family runs in while I'm doing this and I retract my hand away immediately. They're all stunned at the scene that lay before them. A girl they've never seen before bleeding out of a table, and their younger/older brother stroking her hair. Diego was the first to speak.

"What's going on here?"

He speaks slowly and cautiously, almost like I could snap at any moment. I mean he wasn't wrong, but right now all I could think of was the girl laying on the bed next to me.

"My...friend here, has been shot. She needs to be fixed straight away."

As if on cue, Grace walks into the room, surgical uniform already on, and takes a look over Y/N, picking up her wrist to examine her heartrate and peeling back the  blood drenched cloth still attacked to her shoulder. The family all crowd around her, and I give them a warning glare not to get too close to her. I will lose my shit if another person touches her.

"She has a bullet lodged 3 inches into the acromion bone. She needs surgery immediately to help stop the bleeding and alleviate the pain, as well as to get the bullet out."

Y/N begins to stir, but Grace swiftly pulls out a syringe, to which Diego almost fainted at the sight of, and injects it into her soft skin. She goes completely limp on the table and flops down on the table and for a moment I swear she could be dead. My heart goes crazy, until I hear the loud beeping coming from a machine to the right of the bed signals that she's alive and well. Grace wastes no time getting the room ready for surgery, pulling out tools and placing down plastic sheeting. She giving us all an apologetic look, before ushering us all from the room and pulling a curtain to block us all from viewing Y/N's body. I ball my hands into fists, fighting the urge to go back out there and finish Hazel and Cha-Cha off for good. Nobody says a word for a moment, which I'm grateful for, until Luther decides to open his big mouth.

"So...who was that Five?"

I scoff loudly.

"That was just a friend of mine Luther. A friend, okay! She was kidnaped by Hazel and Cha-Cha as a way to trick me into finding her so they could kill me. Luckily they're both idiots and underestimate who I am so I managed to get her back relatively easy."
"Hazel and Cha-Cha? What are yo-"
"I don't know younger brother, a lot of my friends don't stroke my hair as I lay on a hospital bed."

I know better then to take Klaus' bait, but I can't help myself.

"Shut it Klaus, she's just a friend of mine."
"Friend. Hmm yep heard that before."

He eyes Allison and Luther.

"Where'd you meet her?"

And of course Allison has to chime in. I grit my teeth and swallow a snide remark.

"At Griddy's, the first night I got back from the future."
"She looks a little young to be working doesn't she? I mean she's what, 13-"
"She's 14, Allison and no she wasn't working there she was sitting there on her phone reading a book! But I mean she could work if she wanted to. She's smart enough and definitely could handle the pressure."

The room is once again silent after my outburst. Klaus starts howling with laughter, much to my irritation.

"Holy shit Five this girl has you whipped! I've never seen you act like this over a girl" He gasps dramatically, "what does Delores think of her? How will she cope if you get a younger, prettier girl in your life?"
"Shut up Klaus! Y/N is just a friend alright! Nothing more."
"Very close friends I must say."

Diego and Klaus continue to laugh and make jokes about me and Y/N, while Allison and Luther gawk at each other as if reliving their childhood romance. I groan and close my eyes, wishing I was away from this hellish family. Somewhere with Y/N. Eating and drinking coffee. Talking about books and music and whatever pops into our heads. God, if she dies because of me getting her into this situation I'll never forgive myself. She doesn't deserve to die because of people trying to hurt me. Suddenly, Grace comes back out from behind the curtains, covered in bright red blood.

"You can go see her Number Five. But be careful, she is still sleepy and has a concussion, so she's a bit out of it at the moment."

I nod and quickly brush past her, forgetting my family for a second.

Y/N is on the bed covered with a white blanket, E/C eyes half open, surveying her surroundings. I smile softly at the confusion on her face, which lights up when she sees me.

"Hey Five."

Her throat is so croaky I can barely understand it. I pour her a glass of water which she quickly swallows. I walk to her and sit down on the chair next to the bed, grabbing her hand. Despite everything she's been through it's still warm.

"You better call my parents, they're probably worried sick about me."

She giggle weakly and I can't help but chuckle along with her.

"Don't worry, I'll find them and bring them here."
"What happened? I just remembered being thrown into a van and then beaten in a crappy motel room and-"
"Shhh, don't worry about that now. Just get some rest. I'll explain it all later."

She smiles softly, before her eyelids close and she drifts off to sleep again. Her breathing is steady, and Grace managed to clean her up and stitch up all her wounds pretty well. I place a delicate kiss on her forehead, before letting her hand slip out of mine. I stand up, and turn around, only to come face to face with all the family gushing over us. I scoff at them and push my way past them all, heading to the door so I could go in search of Y/N's parents.

"That was so adorable Five! She totally likes you back!"

On the outside, Allison's comment makes me roll my eyes, but on the inside I'm jumping for joy at the thought of Y/N liking me back. I compose myself and turn around.

"If you all want to make yourselves useful, you could help me find my friend's parents. They're worried sick about her."

I leave the house with everyone following on my tail, asking questions and making jokes about Y/N and I. As much as it annoys me, at least I know she's is safe, and I'll be damned if I let anyone hurt her ever again.