xviii. i need a favour (teenage!five)

a/n: yes i am alive. more on that in the next chapter...also if i start writing for tom holland would anyone be interested?
warnings: dead bodies. five says fuck.
request: no, but based off a prompt i found on tumblr by @write-it-motherfuckers
summary: you're friends with five through thick and thin. even if the thick means you'll help him hide a dead body

The incessant knocking at your window awoke you from a deep slumber. Unfortunately, what you thought was going to be a 10 minute study-nap turned into a 7 hour sleep, and you awoke confused and concerned as why the sun had disappeared in such a small amount of time. Your alarm clock read 3:35 as you stumbled to the window, cracking it open enough for Five to slip inside.

"Couldn't you have just teleported inside asshole?"
"I thought it would have been funnier to wake you."
"What do you want? I was studying!"

He observed your disheveled appearance; the messy hair, the vacant expression in your eyes, the unopened books on your bed.

"Yep studying hard I assume."
"Five!"
"Okay okay, calm yourself. I need a favour."

You squinted at him, trying to discern any sign of him joking.

"You never ask me for favours, that's what your siblings are for."
"Yes, but none of my siblings are as capable to handle a task such as this. I need a trusted friend to help me!"
"Bold of you to assume I'm your friend Five."
"Will you shut up? I need your help, okay! I fucked up."
"Jeez calm down. On a scale of, say, The Bakery Incident to That Time We Never Speak Of, how badly did you fuck up?"

He pauses for a moment, thinking carefully.

"Roughly the same level as The Dentist Disaster."

You breathe out, trying not to let your heart rate spiral out of control.

"Oh fuck."
"Yep. Now will you please help me out?"

Making your decision, you began to rush around your room, throwing on more comfortable clothes other than your fluffy pyjamas. You looked for a backpack before turning to him expectantly, silently asking what to pack.

"Oh, no need for a rucksack, we're not running away. Not today anyway."
"What do you need my help for then?"
"Meet me in the alleyway behind the academy. Bring a shovel."

With that, the boy teleported out of your room in a flash of blue. Staring at the spot where he once stood in disbelief, you muttered the word shovel over and over again, and began to search for one.

***

Your teeth chattered and you tugged your jumper closer to your body, waiting for Five. The battered shovel waited on the wall next to you, your mind racing as you tried to determine its purpose. You'd been friends with Five for a few years now, and trying to keep up with the boy and his crazy schemes, tireless adventures and brilliant mind was a challenge at times. Hanging out with him usually involved death in some sort of way, and you had a feeling this time wouldn't be any different. Just when you thought about retreating back to the comfort of your bed, a flash of light appeared at the end of the alleyway. The sounds of your sneakers bounce off the walls as you tentatively walk towards the 15 year old, who is hunched over something you can't see. When you reached him and discovered what he was looking at, a scream left your mouth and you stumbled backwards onto the pavement.

"Oh for fucks sake Five!"
"Keep your voice down! You want everyone to hear this?"

He whisper yelled, looking at you with a glint of evil in his eye.

"How can I help with this? Your siblings are way better equipped to deal with this than me."
"They're all killjoys, they wouldn't make it as fun as you would!"
"What about Klaus? He'll help you!"
"I don't want anyone else helping me thank you very much."
"What even happened here? Who is this guy?"

Five turned the face of the man laying dead on the pavement towards you.

"This guy is Boris Smirnov and he is...was a Russian gangster. I was doing some extra work without the family and came across him during the middle of a business deal of some sort. He refused to cooperate and it is a possibility that I may have fought a little bit harder than I intended! Now...here we are!"

Massaging your temples, you processed the information he just provided you with.

"So. You want me to help hide the body?"
"Elementary my dear L/N."

You glared at him and all he gave you in return was a stupid smile. Five's done some stupid things in his life, but nothing as stupid as taking on a whole Russian gang without the aid of his brothers and sister. Rising to your feet, you smacked him on the back of his head and retreated for your shovel.

"Where are you going? Aren't you going to help?"
"To get my freaking shovel dickhead!"

***

Dirt covered your shoes as you dug up the cold ground. Five had spent 10 minutes trying to drag the body from where he teleported to the hole you had been digging. The forest in which you stood was alive with trees rustling as a cold wind blew through it, and the very distant sounds of the city could be heard from the burial site. At last, you planted your shovel into the dirt and fell backwards onto the ground, exhaustion seeping through your bones. You observed Five drag the body to the hole, where he unceremoniously dropped it in, the thud echoed out through the entire forest. Staring at the body for a moment, he shrugged his shoulders and picked up the shovel and began to cover the man.

"I wonder if he had a family."

You muttered quietly.

"No wife or kids, but he had 10 nieces and nephews."
"Jeez why would you tell me that now?"
"Because I knew you wouldn't help if you had known."
"Oh my god I'm such a horrible person."
"He was a gangster Y/N, he'd done this loads of times. And no, you're not a horrible person-"

He pat down the last of the dirt and threw the shovel to the side, dropping down next to you.

"You're a really good friend."

Chuckling, you punched him in the side before throwing your arms around him and pulling him down to lay next to you.

"I hate being your friend."
"No you don't."

The stars glimmered behind dark storm clouds at the two of you as you lay there, and the wind began to pick up speed foreshadowing heavy rainfall. You didn't care though. You were hanging out with your best friend, nothing could ruin the moment. Except for the fact that there was an actual dead boy underground only a few metres away. Still, it was a nice moment.

"Hey Five?"
"Yeah?"
"You owe me one, big time. And don't ever ask me to hide a dead body with you again."

Even in the dark you can tell he's smiling.

"Fine, but I'm not helping you hide a body. This shit is hard work."
"You're telling me Five."

It was silent once more.

"Hey Five?"
"What now?"
"Can we go? I'm pretty sure it's going to rain soon and I washed my hair today."
"Yes let's go, I'm freezing my balls off out here."

The two of you stood and walked away from the body, giving it one last glance before Five grabbed your hand and teleported you home.