xi. roadtrip (klaus)

a/n: hey guys here's another request imagine for Klaus. tbh i'm not very happy with it, but hope you guys enjoy!
warnings: drug mentions, language, unedited
request: another request for the lovely @WriterGirlme . hope you like it, sorry it took so long!

Sir Reginald Hargreeves was an affluent man with who knew everything and everyone. He had many social connections and knew people from various walks of life. One man who he became very close with was your father, as they did business from time to time. That in turn led you to becoming close with each child who lived at the Umbrella Academy. Every chance you got you begged your father to let you play with the kids, and the man, eager to see his best friend and talk about whatever grownups talk about, always obliged. Sir Reginald loved you of course. Not just because you provided the siblings an outside look on the world, but also because you were very polite and shy, unlike the mess of kids he had to take care of. The kids adored you also, and you always got to spend quality time with each of them, although you were always closest with Five. Luther taught you how to dance; Diego taught you how to throw knives. Allison was always helping you pick your outfits and Five helped you with your homework (but he could never help getting frustrated when you didn't understand a concept). Ben was constantly telling you jokes and teaching you magic tricks and Vanya, being the kind soul, always listened to you rant about whatever came to your mind. Then, there was Klaus.

You could never wrap your head around Klaus. He was always cracking jokes and making you laugh, but there were the times when you would sleep over and hear his sad whimpers at night. You would often walk in on him tossing and turning in his bed, shivering and screaming about being trapped and wanting to get out of somewhere. You never knew what torture he had been through, but you always sat with him and comforted him through his nightmares.

Of course, being the horny teenager you were, you fell pretty hard for Klaus. What was not to like about him really? You always dismissed your feelings for him however, thinking it was just one of those 'falling for my best friend's brother' phases. So, you dated other people, completely oblivious to Klaus' (pretty bad) flirting and sad looks whenever you told him about your date.

Everything changed as the years went on. The siblings grew apart drastically and you stopped visiting them as often as you did when you were a kid. Even your personality changed. The shyness slowly dripped away leaving a sarcastic, rebellious young adult. You lived your life to the fullest, not sparing a second thought to the childhood you left behind. After Sir Reginald's demise you faced the tough decision on whether or not to actually go back home for the funeral. Would they even want to see you? You hadn't kept touch with any of them and you felt like you would be intruding.
You decided in the end it would be the best decision to go back, a small part of you missing the siblings a great deal. As you got on the plane heading home, millions of questions raced through your head. Would there be more drama then when you left? Would Grace and Pogo still be around? Would Klaus even show up? The last you had heard of him he was bouncing in and out of rehab, and you refused to believe that he would be dead. As you stepped off the plane, you seriously considered turning back around, but you knew you couldn't. You made a promise to yourself and you intended on keeping it. The cab ride seemed short and before you knew it you were outside the academy, pushing open the doors and walking in. Unsurprisingly the family were already fighting, but stopped immediately when you walked in. Silence fell over the room and you started getting uncomfortable.

"Welcome back the most insane household in America Y/N!"
Klaus speaking instantly cooled your nerves and lightened the room. You smiled and walked further into the room, nodding and smiling at each of the siblings.

"As I was saying, dad's death couldn't have been an accident. The last time I spoke to him, he sounded weird. He told me to watch who I trusted and-"
"Luther just shut up, okay? Pogo said that dad died from a heart attack. Frankly I'm surprised; I didn't think he had a heart. Let's all just move on and get this over with."
"Could you have a little respect Diego? I know the man was bad but he was still our father."
"Yeah of course you'd still stick up for him even after what he did to you."
"What does that mean?"