xvii. arranged (medieval!klaus)

a/n: final part baby! i passed all my exams (i had four of them eek) so i thought i might give you guys some content. enjoy the final part!
warnings: language, and i have not edited it because i'm lazy :)
request: same as all the ones before

Nobody came in to wake you in the morning, so you got to sleep in a little later than usual. Once you did eventually get up, you felt as if you were floating on air. Today was your final day in the manor, and you could feel a tinge of sadness as you put on a maroon coloured dress. Opening the door, you were met with the cheeky grin of Klaus. He was wearing the same uniform you saw him in on the first day, and he was leaning against the wall across from your bedroom with his hands in his pockets.

"You stalker. How long have you been waiting out here?"
"Long enough. You take ages to get ready you know?"
"You better get used to it. I see you got in okay."
"Hm yeah it's not like I had to scream on my balcony until Five came in to shut me up. I hope you had a good nights sleep!"
"Slept like a baby thank you very much."

Pushing himself off the wall, he walked over to you and leaned closer. Without thinking you leaned up and gave him a quick kiss. He smiled, and extended his hand to you. Taking it, you walked down the hallway together in silence. You felt like you didn't need to push a conversation with him, and it was relaxing to be around him. In just one weekend, he had managed to make you feel on top of the world. Yes, you still felt a little hesitant to admit your feelings to him and to actually think about the wedding, but with Klaus by your side it felt a little more manageable.

When you two reached the dining hall, you dropped his hand before he had a chance to open the door. Walking in without a second glance back, you saw that your place on the table had moved from next to Klaus to right in-between your parents. How fun. Sitting down you started stacking up food, keeping your head low. You didn't know if your parents were still mad from yesterday, and judging by their silence towards you, you suspected that they were still pissed off.
The dining room was filled with quiet chatter, but after the situation yesterday, you saw that no one as looking the Reginald in the eye. Not having taken any notice until today, you saw that the looks that he gave each of his children were not ones of love and affection. If they messed up slightly, such as accidentally dropping a fork or even laughing too loudly, he would send them a look of pure death. The thought that he was going to be your father-in-law terrified you, and you couldn't imagine living in a house with him.

"Y/N I would appreciate if you did not stare at my face, unless of course there was something wrong with it. Is there anything wrong with it?"
"I-uh, I'm sorry, no of course not um..."

You tried to fumble for a good excuse as to why you were staring at him, and the rest of the kids started giggling. You look to your parents for something to say, but they jut give you a harsh glare. The tension in the room grows, and to lighten the mood Allison speaks up.

"So, Y/N, how has your stay at the manor been?"
"Oh...um it's been very nice thank you. I look forward to coming here more often."

You look towards your parents and they nod at your answer. Feeling relieved that you hadn't disappointed them again, you started eating the pile of food which was on your plate. The hum and conversation started again, and you looked towards Klaus. He was smiling at you, and when you caught his eye he gave you a wink. Rolling your eyes you can't help yourself from smiling back. He could be the most annoying boy on the planet, but as soon as he gave you one small smile you were putty in his hands.

Breakfast ended and you excused yourself back to your room to start packing your bag. You began by folding your dresses, and trying to find pairs of shoes which you had scattered around the room. Suddenly, your door burst open and in walked Allison and Vanya, who flopped on your unmade bed with a sigh.