iii. right place, wrong time (number five)

a/n: hey guys this was a really great request which i had a lot of ideas for. this is set in present day and everything's normal. the reader is meant to be about 14 or 15 years old in this, but you can change it to how you want. i was going  to post a diego imagine but I had more ideas for this one. enjoy!
warnings: violence, swearing
request: ...the reader works at the donut shop Five went to because Agnes is her great aunt and the reader is there the night it gets shot up. ( requested by @itshannah_b )

I thought it would be a quiet night working. I thought it would just be a few customers here and there, mainly truck drivers taking a break on their way through town, maybe a few people coming back from work late at night. Nothing too special. How wrong was I.

I had been working with my great aunt Agnes for about two months now, and honestly it was a good job. I got to snack on the leftover doughnuts at the end of the day, talking to the customers wasn't that bad because if I was nice enough they'd give me a pretty big tip. I can't really complain. This night in particular however was nothing like I had ever experienced. I was working alone on the late shift, as Agnes was sick and I wanted to give her a break for the first time in a  years. I was wiping down tables, just about ready to close up, when all of a sudden I remembered that I needed to add change to the cash register. I walked in the back and grabbed a few things, and when I came back out there was two people sitting at the counter. Dammit, I thought I would be going home early.

It was an older dude, maybe late thirties. He was a local plumber, I had seen his face in here a few times. Sitting next to him was this boy. He looked about 13, maybe 14. Around about the same age as me. He wore a strange uniform for a school I had never seen before, and he wore a slight smile. I dusted off my uniform and walked up to them.

"Hey guys, what can I get you two?"

The guy gave me a funny look, and turned his head towards the kid. He looked back at me.

"Uh I'll have a chocolate eclair thanks."

I wrote the order down and turned towards the boy.

"Can I get you anything? A doughnut, hot chocolate maybe?"
"I'll have a black coffee thanks."

I was surprised. A straight black coffee? I'm not even allowed to drink that. I gave the older guy, who I assumed was his dad, a look to say 'are you sure' and looked at the boy again. He gave me an even wider smile.
Still, I nodded and got the guy his chocolate eclair and began pouring the coffee. I gave the mug to the boy and he sighed with delight.

"Thanks," he squinted at my name tag, "Y/N."

I continued cleaning tables and closing up the shop. I could feel a pair of eyes on me as I worked, but I kept busy and continued with my routine. When I was all done, I turned around to see that the older guy had left and the only who was there was the boy. Strange.

"Uh, where'd your dad go?"
"He's not my dad."
"Oh sorry, I just assumed..."
"It's fine."

The conversation was awkward and I could feel the heat in my cheeks rising. I walked over to the counter to grab his plate and mug.

"Tell me about yourself Y/N."
"Well, ummm, I'm 14, I'm a bit of an artist, I love to read, and I work for my great aunt Agnes here. It's not a bad job, I like the customers and making the doughnuts is fun, and I get the leftover ones at the end of the day. Plus the tips are great in you're nice enough..."

When I realised I was rambling, I stopped talking, looking down at the counter. I heard the boy chuckle slightly.

"You look cute when you ramble."

I couldn't help the grin which spread across my face. I looked up at him and he gave me the cutest smile I had ever seen, I was starstuck.

"I'm sorry how rude of me, I didn't ask for your name?"

He hesitated for a moment.

"That's...not really important. Do you have boyfriend?"

Wow okay, straight to the point. And why wouldn't he tell me his name? What was he up to?

"Uh...no, I don't."
"Hm, that's surprising."

He sounded genuine, and I felt butterflies erupting from my stomach. I smiled. But there was one thing that wasn't quite right.

"Look...sorry to ask, but why are you here at 10:30 at night? Alone and with a guy who's not actually your dad?"
"I'm just waiting for someone. Is that bad?"

I shook my head. Just as I was about to ask him who he was waiting for, I remembered I had to lock the back door before we closed.

"Shit, sorry I just have to do something, I'll be back."

I quickly walked to the back, locking the door and turning off the lights. At the front of the shop, I heard the front bell ring and a few voices. As I prepared myself to give more customers their orders, the sound of gunshots sent me flying to the ground. What the hell? I started crawling my way to the front, the gunfire getting heavier by the second. My heart was beating out of my chest, what the hell was going on? Suddenly I hear the boy yell

"Hey assholes!"

Followed by more gunfire. Why is he talking like that? He's going to die! Oh my god I'm going to die. This is where I die isn't it? Surely, one of these bullets will smack me on the skull and I'll be out cold. I finally get to the counter and press my back to it, ready for one of the intruders to notice me and kill me. I turn my head around and corner and see the kid punching the men, the loud sound of thumps surrounding my ears as the kid hits them. I turn around and try to control my breathing, squinting my eyes shut. All of a sudden, I hear the sounds of grunting and yells of pain, before the loud thumps continue, one by one. The shooting has stopped thankfully, and I peak around the corner again. I see the boy standing over one of the men, before abruptly snapping his neck. I stifle a gasp and bile comes up my throat. All around the shop are bodies, blood seeping out of various holes or stab wounds. I look around horrified, before I turn towards the boy. He grins at me, giving me a quick wink, before he opens the door and walks out into the street, ditching something in the drain as he walks by. I slowly stand up, my legs shaking and threatening to collapse underneath me. In the distance, I hear the wail of police sirens, thank god someone is coming. How the hell am I going to explain this to Aunt Agnes...