xii. intimidating as hell (teenage!diego)

a/n: hey guys! so this is actually a really cute request. it was originally going to be a smut but i've got friends irl who read my books and i don't want it to be weird. i hope this is okay though! set when both diego and the reader are teenagers, around the age of 18. also i'm really sorry I haven't updated in ages, school just started again and is getting harder so i have to be working harder. this is really short because i just wanted to get a chapter out. thank you for all your patience and love, it means a lot x
warnings: mentions of sex, kind of racy, drinking, language, unedited! sorry :)
request: sorry i can't find who requested it, but i hope you enjoy

You had always seen Diego on the front of comic books and on your television screen. You had never imagined that one day you would meet him and fall in love with him. You two had been dating for a few months, and Diego was nothing but wonderful to you. On the outside he was a total badass, saving lives and throwing knives. Everyone was scared by him, even you at times. In front of you however, he was a sweetheart, buying you flowers and bringing you breakfast in bed. To say that you were the luckiest person ever was an understatement.

On the day of your 18th birthday, your parents were out, so it was just you two on your small couch watching some random rom-com. It was pouring with rain outside so you were snuggled up in blankets, his arm around you and you cuddling into his side. Halfway through the movie, Diego starts to kiss your neck. At first you thought nothing of it, but after a moment he started getting rougher and kissing harder. Your heart started beating like crazy, and you quickly pushed him back and moved to the edge of the couch. You look at him sadly and he looks at you like you're crazy.

"Did I do something wrong?"

It took you a moment to get your breathing under control.

"No! It's nothing you did, I promise."
"Then what's the issue?"

He look genuinely confused and slightly worried. You took a deep breath, gathering up the courage to tell him. Just tell him.

"I'm a virgin!"

Although he didn't show it, Diego was taken aback. How could someone as hot as you be a virgin? You were both silent, the only sounds which could be heard was the rain hitting the pavement outside and the passing of cars on the street.

"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Look, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Come on, it's not like I haven't done anything else, I've just never gone that far! It's just sex you know..."

You trail off, feeling embarrassed. You didn't think it was a huge deal, but now that you were saying it out loud it sounded like the most important thing in the world. Unexpectedly, Diego cups your cheek. Closing your eyes, you lean into him and feel him exhale in relief.

"Look, it isn't a big deal. Some people just aren't ready yet."

You laugh slightly.

"What's so funny?"
"It's not that I'm not ready Diego."
"What is it then?"

You're silent once again, but decide it would be better to just be honest.

"You're scary Diego. Don't get me wrong, I love you to bits, but you're intimidating as hell! And you've probably got way more experience then me!"

He stays quiet for a moment, before bursting into laughter. Diego finds it hard to contain himself. He giggles so hard he falls of the couch which soon sends you into a fit of laughter.

"Stop laughing at me asshole!"

You say with tears in your eyes, trying to calm down your own giggles.

"Babe, you don't need to worry about me having experience! I'm homeschooled and a year older then you how much experience do you think I have? And isn't a guy being intimidating kind of sexy?"

You let out another loud laugh, before replying.

"You have a lot to learn about women."
"Well maybe you could teach me?"

He goes from playful to serious in a matter of seconds, looking up from his spot on the floor. He leans up to kiss you and you gladly oblige. He tastes like spearmint and the beer you were drinking and it's a surprisingly nice combination. He pulls himself up from the floor to sit on the couch again, swiftly pulling you onto his lap. You kiss him harder, slightly grinding down on his lap making him moan quietly. His lips move from your lips to your neck, once again getting rougher, but this time you don't push away. Your heart is still thumping in your chest, but you try to relax in his strong arms. He starts leaving small bite marks on the soft skin of your neck and you gasp at the feeling, knowing your parents will be pissed, but you couldn't care less.

You pull away again, and worry passes through Diego. You stand up and smile at him, reaching down to grab his hand to get him standing as well. You start leading him to your bedroom and you turn around to see the grin on his face growing. He kisses you again and smile into the kiss, all the worry and fear leaves your body, and is replaced with one thought; you love this man and he loves you.