viii. more than you know (klaus)

a/n: lol guys i promise i'm not dead (unlike ben). year 11 has been super tough and i barely get any time to rest, but i'll try and post more! thanks for all the love and support, your comments are genuinely the funniest things to read. i hope i will have a vanya chapter up soon, as well as a part two to 'nobody hurts my girl'. enjoy this, as of course i has to write about the most chaotic pansexual to exist! sorry, i used she/her pronouns, but if you want to change them you can. also we're getting season two of tua get pumped people!!!
warnings: fluff x 1000, nothing else. unedited
request: this is a lovely request from user @WriterGirlme sorry this is so late love x

Mr Hargreeve's was, to put it nicely, an asshole. The constant combat trainings with barely any time to rest, isolating the kids from normal people their age, torturing them until they learned to 'face their fears', and just being an all round general asshole, he was very far from being the perfect father. With one exception that is. The Academy were allowed to share a friend who lived in the apartment complex next to them, who they could see whenever they liked. As long as it didn't interrupt their studies or training of course. From the day she could walk to the day where the last child left the Hargreeve household, Y/N had basically lived with the Umbrella kids. Their powers weren't exciting or cool to her anymore, they were just a normal part of life. All the kids shared all their deepest secrets with her and spent as much time with her as they could, away from a world of stopping bank heists and saving the planet.

But, like most childhood friends, they all drifted away. Five 'went missing', Ben died, and the rest just got sick of it all and decided to leave that life behind. So that's what Y/N did as well, no point sticking around for the past, right? She moved out of home, got her dream job, found a cool apartment and never really heard much from the kids anymore. Allison would sometimes call her, or Y/N would meet Vanya for brunch, but nothing more then that. God, she couldn't even remember the last time she had joked about with Klaus.

When word broke out that Reginald had died, a feeling of excitement picked up in her chest. Of course she was sad about his death, but Y/N knew that this was her chance to see all her childhood friends again. It had been so long, she could barely remember what their faces looked like. So, she made plans to take the week off work just to spend time with them all. Walking up the steps of the Academy, Y/N didn't feel the need to knock, as she has been through the door so many times before. Pushing the huge oak door open, she stepped into the foyer, looking around with nostalgia. Nothing had changed, and it made her grin wider. Diego was the first to notice her. The supposed big tough guy gave her the biggest smile she had seen on him and ran up to her, enveloping her in a hug. Hugging him back, she looked over his shoulder at the rest of the family. She slowing pulled away and made her way around the room, hugging each sibling with the same amount of pressure (yes, even Luther). Y/N finally made her way to Klaus, the childhood crush feelings started to resurface. He was much thinner then she remembered, that's what drugs do to you I guess. Y/N had always begged him to stop the drugs, saying he could do something else to try and stop seeing the ghosts but of course he wouldn't budge. Klaus just like being not sober. They helped him finally stop thinking and start relaxing. He still wore the same cheeky grin which he always wore, although there was something different about it, something older and sadder. Y/N always wanted to tell Klaus her feelings for him, but what if he didn't reciprocate? Little did she know he had loved her since the day he turned 12. Her personality, her smile, everything about her he thought was perfect. But of course, she would never like him back. She deserved someone more stable them him, someone who didn't depend on drugs to help him get through the day.
The funeral was a bit of a disaster, but just being in the presence of the kids helped it a bit. Klaus and Y/N shared a few words together but were too awkward around each other to actually talk about anything of importance. Soon, night came and the siblings retreated to their rooms, with Y/N heading to her little room right across from Klaus' room. Y/N got into bed, and all she could do it stare at the ceiling, sleep not coming any time soon. Suddenly, she made the decision. Tip-toeing across the hallway, she knocked on the door. Y/N heard some curses and a lot of swearing, before opening the door. In front of her stood a shirtless and shocked Number Four. He smiled at her.