Four walls

Onika's POV
June 18,1720(8:39am)
Hotel

I woke up in an empty bed which was accompanied by someone else last night. The dinner was silent and tense, Carter couldn't stand my presence every time I would do something he would either roll his eyes or huff while striking his food forcibly. His wife on the other hand ate pleasantly moaning whenever the food hit the right tastebud. While I just sat awkwardly not wanting to be there, she has taste from what she ordered even though I don't know what it was it was good.

I got up and went to the John before coming back to the room to see Mr.Carter was in there, "Hi sir" I spoke trying to be acquainted but he had an angry expression moving closer to me causing me to back away but he still towered over me "Get away from her..." I heard from behind me. His wife was in the doorway with a blank expression he slowly lifted his eyes from me to her kind of softening in her direction "Get out..." she voiced again moving out of the way. He looked back at me "Stop looking at her you the one who did this..." she spoke as he turned his attention to the doorway walking out.

I turned my eyes to her seeing she had changed into a different dress which wasn't really normal for people of my class who only had about two or three different sets of clothes. Her dress was white with birds on it and she had on two necklaces that matched with her earrings. She cleared her throat with a superior like aura causing me to look her in the eye noting her change in hairstyle, "Get dressed" she said and my eyes traveled down to her plump lips that were painted black. It gave off a mournful yet intriguing feel, "Yes madam" I spoke.

"Have you're things packed as well" she said showing her pearl white teeth that went well with her makeup I nodded but it didn't matter since she was already out of sight. I changed into the dress and corset I've barely been introduced to, I got my bags in order before leaving out of the room. I walked into the front seeing Mr.Carter was on the well kept couch which was completely different from the olden one at the house that had cuts and stuffing slightly out. I stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do as he read something that I couldn't understand, I don't know how to read well and I don't know how to write.

My parents didn't really believe in me getting an education stating that 'beautiful girls don't need brains as long as they had a wealth man to own them' but as you see that isn't the case. She came back into the hotel room which I learned from them is called a inn in England, "The ship is ready, get your things" she said looking at him he replied by doing as he was told. "That was to you as well" she spoke now looking at me which I didn't know since I was watching him.

I scurried getting my bags and anything else I needed before going to the door following behind her to where the large ships were that were coming into view. She led us to the largest one and the crew members I believe were already there dressed about as fancy and well kept as them, the ship didn't seem to have a single scratch as if it had never been in the water before. We made our way on while some of the crew looked at me some with curiosity and others with scrutiny, lowering my head felling as if they already know of my reasoning to being here with them I followed her still to a door that went into a unexploited like room.

"Put your things here" she said hardly pointing in the direction she spoke of. I moved that way putting them in the corner and turned around seeing she was watching me "This is were you'll be sleeping tonight but at the moment I need you to go to the market and get some extra food in case of unforeseen changes." She said ending with a closed mouth and low eyes I nodded but she still looked at me "wha-"When I speak to you I expect a verbal answer" she spoke "Yes madam" I nervously spit out.

She moved to get some paper and a gray feathered pen, she started to write what she needed before handing me the paper "Some of the crew will go with you to carry the weight between destinations." She spoke and I nodded taking the paper slightly biting my lip trying to read it. "What is it" She deadpanned "N-Nothing madam, do yo-"Veracity...veracity please or this will not conclude well on your epilogue" she said standing up straight and moving towards me knowing I was in fear of her.

"I-I can't really read well or write..." I told "You're parents didn't teach you the simplistic way of survival in this world?" She stayed harshly "No, they didn't think it was necessary" I said causing her to roll her eyes "Let's go.." she declared "What? I though-"I'm not sending you if you're just going to mess up my orders, you've probably never even had to actually do your shopping.." she was right I didn't either my mom would do it or my brothers. When she got sick the store knew what I was coming for since they knew my mom but now I don't know, "N-No, I never have" I uttered.

We left off the ship with three members of the crew, everyone on it was black consisting of men and women. We walked to the flee market getting fruits, vegetables, and bread, "How long have you and him been married?" I asked "Why is that of any importance" she said as the marketer got the things she paid for. "I-I just want to know more about you madam" "Well stop trying you won't make it far.." she said as the marketer gave her the items and she walked past me causing me and the crew who had some of the heavier load while I walked empty handed at the moment.

"Can I get three pounds of fruit please?" She asked in her deep sultry voice handing the woman the list, the older lady smiled while madam just slightly nodded."How long will the trip be madam?" I asked as she got the fruit and gave it to me "A few days depending..." she spoke checking the rest of her list "We'll drop this off on the ship before getting the rest and leaving" she said loud enough for the member of the unannounced crew they nodded before she walked in front of us going to the boat. I sighed but followed in content watching her hips sway with her dress as her corset held tightly to her torso as her hair that fell down to her mid back was bouncing on her shoulders.

"Madam" I spoke and she turned her head in my direction slightly cutting her eyes at me "Yes" she enunciated "Y-You look ravishing" I announced in response she just looked me in the eye deeply as hers never changed but the stare changed my physical and emotional confidence to weakness. She turned back when I lowered my head bowing to her some out of servancy and fear, How can some be like this?...
----
So I'm going to blow you up with updates tomorrow cause I need to catch up🤦🏽‍♂️
-Scooby🐶