Owner

Onika's POV
Same day

She opened the door revealing a neatly polished home, full of cream and dark chocolate color with others that corresponded to them. I walked in with a face full of amazement seeing a thick bouquet of roses a mixture of white darker reds and some that were both colors as if it was a child of the two, "This way" she said as she saw me drift towards the sitting room but I reluctantly followed not wanting to get on the wrong side of her. We went down a wide hall that had stairs in the middle they were a dark brown polished wood that had a nice shine to it.

"Madam?" I asked as we went up them "Yes?" "May I ask -with no disrespect- how you obtained this land? From what I've been told you were once a slave" "I'll let you decide on what I am and what I've done to get this far." She said barely turning her head to look at me as we made our way to a room "This is yours" she said stopping in front of the door. I looked at her then went to open the that was slightly cracked I opened the door seeing it was a creme colored room with hints of black and dark red like the rest of the house.

"You'll move your things in after I finish showing you around" and with that we began to move through the house that was actually full of art and had different color schemes through out it. "These paintings are beautiful" I said "Thank you" She replied then turned her direction to what I assume was the kitchen "you can cook in here when I'm home but other than that don't. But there will be people doing deliveries of groceries that come on Mondays and Fridays.

I nodded then heard something outside so I looked "Go ahead and go out there" she said and I looked at her as if asking gate you sure she nodded and I went about seeing there were people out there, they were all black and active working but not on fields, no instead they were working for themselves from what I could see. There were children and women playing as the men we either chopping wood or getting the meat ready for dinner.

"I am a slave owner, but not like the white man. I bring families together who were sold separately" she said coming up aside of me "Why?" I asked turning to look at her, she was focused on the community in front of her "Why not" she said then proceeded to walk to the community. I followed behind still watching in amazement we made it inside and they all looked at madam smiling speaking English and another language. "What are they saying?" I asked as they looked at me and whispered "They're asking who you are and how you got here." She replied to me before turning her attention back to them.

It was like they were praising her, kissing her cheeks and hugging her tightly "They really care for you" "I don't care for it, they know this I just want them to be free as should anyone else who has a pure consciences and walks in two feet. But these last couple of years has proved that they don't deserve it." She said as she played with the children "Your talking about the others" I spoke and she nodded "Everything they do is inhuman, unnecessary at the least." "But not all are like that-"They just sold you for less than six hundred. They don't care for us because they think we're inferrer but we brought them this far, We've had everything before them they just stolen from us just as they did with our people." She said.

"So you were a slave.." "Have you thought I might be a "negress" with a strong opinion? No you're not that open minded." I scrunched up my face attire end of her words "I am" "You're not, you've been there too long you haven't seen or done anything out of your normal planning, it's very evident. But it's okay, here you will get the experience of the real world here instead of staying in this mindset." "But you are stuck in the mindset that all whites are evil." "There's things that we have both seen that the other could never imagine." She said farting her eyes at me meaning don't speak again

I shook my head some as she went to help the kids get water, my look upon her has slightly changed. A wind came through blowing her hair in it as she smiled laughing at the kids who were speaking what I believe is their native language and moving like they were dancing, "She is a good woman" said the old madam coming up next to me "She helps with children and needs" she added with a thick accent from what I believe is Africa. "How long has she?" "Since foreva, good heart hard to find. But do not cross, VERy bad" she said and I nodded understanding her some, madam finished helping the kids before turning to me "We're going to the garden" she said and I nodded not wanting to oblige.

---

"How long have you been helping them?" "I can't say" "Then what can you say?" "You ask too many questions for someone who wanted nothing to do with me then I purchased you." "The only reason why is because you took me without my consent, this could have went differently if you went with another approach to the situation" I let out "Indirect approach" was all she said in response. I looked at her crazy as she walked throughout the fruits and veggies holding a bag on her shoulder with ripe items. I see how this is going to go....

---
I'm tired and Neu Roses has a long chapter that might be two out of laziness
-Scooby🐶