Days

Onika's POV
June 31,1720(1:56pm)
Village

I've been working with the girls, gardening, sewing and other things around and honestly it makes me feel wholesome. I've enjoyed my time with them, I just don't like being the center of attention in some eyes. Madam has been gone for seven days and I don't think she's coming back anytime soon, I realized that when she wasn't at breakfast the next day.

But the people I've been staying with have been well to me, the woman knows how to write and speak English so she's helping teach me. The girls talked about the school they made farther out in the acres, saying how they weren't in class right now because it's was the weekend. I've met more people around my age and what they do and their story's as to how they got here, the ones I'm staying with Django and his wife Broomhilda.

"Onika, can you go get me some berry for this pie?" Broomhilda asked me "Yes ma'am" I got my bag and went out headed to the garden. On the way there it felt like someone was watching me, I moved a little fast since I made a goal in my head to get everything I needed before whoever was watching could get me. I made it and started picking everything ripe that I could get due to us needing more of fruits anyways. I heard a rustle near the bushes but continued with what I was doing but kept that in my peripheral view, I thought about what Madam said and I already messed up. Don't go anywhere alone, I hurried to get everything and as I did I saw her husband make his way towards me.

I made a audible gulp and hurried to get everything I could, when I felt it was enough to satisfy I quickly walked back to the village but the other two had shown themselves and it felt like there was no escape, her husband blocked the way to the village and the other was on my side and the bearded one was behind me and covering my other side. "Ms.Maraj" he said with is child like voice as I looked past him to see if anyone was paying attention "You know I do need attention while my wife is gone, and I'm pretty sure you have much experience in pleasing men" he added.

When he said his wife was gone I felt my heart sink into a black hole bringing me as well, it really hit me when he said it. She's the only one who would've protected me from this but now it feels as though what is on the way of happening is my own fault, I lifted my head and looked at him with a scared expression begging him to let me go but it just brought a happy less smile to his face. "Why don't we all have a little chat on the side huh?" He spoke and when he did the other two moved to come near me so I would try and run.

He moved me to the side and was telling me to get on my knees when the girls came to the garden and saw me "Onika?" Loraiya asked I internally cried tears of joy, "Whats going on?" She asked as Nilaya had a face that was confused and knew something wasn't right "Nothing girls, just having a little chat with her about the garden and how we take care of it." Her husband said looking at them then at me as if threatening me, the other two were murmuring cuss words and other derogatory things about me and the situation as they stood on the side. "Well, you girls have a nice day and Ms.Maraj remember what I said" He said as I tried to make my way to them but her held my arm and spoke near my head "...Or there will be a negative outcome" he whispered

I moved out of his tightening hold and went to the girls "Is everything okay?" Nilaya asked and I just nodded whispering a we should go. Loraiya didn't seem convinced but she followed but looked back before doing so, I made it back to the house and Hilda was happy to see me "I thought you were lost for a second" she spoke and I quietly laughed "No I just wanted to get what ever I could, I put some more seeds down while I did so." I looked out the window to see the two still there so I walked back out kind of nervous of what they'll say.

"What happened?" Nilaya asked "Nothing like he said I didn't do something right in the garden so he spoke to me about it" I voiced trying to seem nervous Loraiya squinted at me before sighing "If he did something to you, you can tell us. Madam doesn't want you to feel uncomfortable" she spoke and I looked up at her when she said her name "What?" "She said before she left to make sure you were okay, and that you don't get into anything." She spoke and it kind of warmed my heart "I-I'm sure everything is fine...but do you know when she'll be back?" "No she didn't say when but she shouldn't be gone long." She said and the sadness came back.

"Ok" I spoke, I know he's gong to try again, I just don't know if someone will be there to help me before it's too late. But to know that she actually asked them to watch after me just made me feel special, she seems so mean and mad at the world but that was different from what I've seen thus far. I looked up at the girls and smiled "Do you want to go out and see the kids? I know they really do enjoy you" Loraiya spoke. I nodded in agreement saying a quick let's go and we did. Please come back soon...

----
Here idk if imma update again later today but I needed this out.
-Scooby🐶