Titles

Beyoncé's POV
June 19(1720)
Ship

It's between four and five in the morning while I looked out over the water surrounding us, the sun was slowly rising to attention while some of the morning crew set up our tarps due to the change of wind. Shawn slept in the bunker with the men last night so I know he's kind of shook from the experience since he's always been pampered all his life. He always wants to stay home and if he does travel out of England it's on his terms in a pampered ship that's never been used, Boujee.

"Ship in way" I spoke loudly to the one steering he nodded and turned us in another direction to avoid any conflict, I walked to the front of the ship and looked ahead of us "Do we have someone on sight?" I asked aloud "Yes madam, Mr.Sims is on it" one spoke I nodded to myself before turning my head some seeing her standing there.

Onika's POV

She side eyed me then turned back to view like last night, she walked past the pole holding the large tarps so I followed out of curiosity. "I thought I told you to stay in the room unless told other wise" she said scaring me she was standing behind me leaning on the pole "You weren't in the room" "That doesn't mean shit to me..." she spoke and I turned my head some looking at her. Her head was up towards the sky but her eyes were on me "If you defy my word again you will receive consequences I know you will not want to face" she stated in her deep yet dry voice as if she was tired of me.

"What are yo-"Go back to the room, I'll come get you when breakfast is declared but until then go to the room and pull out a book so you can learn to read" she said standing up straight walking past me "Wh-"Go" She said "My education has nothing to do with you" "Don't come at me like that child, and don't say words you can't spell. Now I care for your education because when I put you to work you WILL NOT mess up my image do you understand? Now do as you're told!" She said walking up to me getting in my face, I rolled my eyes and tried walking away but she pushed me against the pole in rebuttal.

"If you ever roll your fucking eyes at me again I swear I will be last thing you see." She said looking between my eyes, I blinked a few times looking her in the eye only for mine to fall to her lips that barely moved as she spoke "Now Go" but I didn't move instead I moved closer to her wanting to capture her lips onto mine but she grabbed my neck slightly cutting my breathing "If you ever try and kiss me again, I'll leave you crying" she spoke before pushing me back with that hand and walking away from me.

I stood there slightly sucking on my lip shocked by both of our actions but more so mine, after a second I walked back to the room avoiding eye contact with anyone but the man from last night came up "Onika!...what's wrong?" He asked looking at me with a slightly worried expression "Nothing umm I have to go back to my room I'll see you at breakfast" I spoke with a small apologetic smile then walking away. He stood there confused as I did, when I made it to the room I looked around for a semi interesting book but I couldn't find one due to obvious reasons.

I looked around just being nosy at this point and came up on something but quickly put it away when I heard the door open "Onika please invite me to know?" Nasir asked "Its nothing , what are you doing in here?" I asked "I came to check on you, you seemed off out there.." "I'm fine, just a little anxious, first time on a ship and things." I spoke trying to act as if I wasn't doing anything. He was about to speak when she came into the room she saw him and I before breathing some since I watched her chest rise and fall "Breakfast is ready" she said before her eyes ran up and down the act in front of her eyes and walking out.

"We should go.." "After you Ms.Maraj" he spoke going to the door and holding it open for me I blushed some and went out of, the first man to treat me with real respect. We went to the cafeteria we got our food and was about to sit with him until I saw her sitting by herself, I didn't see her husband so I decided to sit with her especially since she was alone. I moved to go in her direction only for the ship to move as well so I had to hold myself together in my long leg boots and continued with my very little journey, I made it in front of her and looked at her seeing she was unamused by my struggle.

"May I sit here madam?" I asked kindly "Be my guest" she said dryly I cleared my throat before sitting down and beginning to eat after a few minutes I started to speak "I tried t-"What did I tell you about not talking to the crew members?" She spoke "Wha-"what did I say" "Not to have any contact with them" "Mhmm... you continue to defy my words as if they don't mean a thing to you-"No they do I di-"I will find something for you to do while upon this ship, I see you need some sort of diversion..." "Madam, I don't need it I was looking for something to read just as you said it's just I-I"

"You what child?" "I couldn't read the titles..." I spoke quietly "So you rather talk to someone I precisely told you not to?" "He came into the room, I didn't have time to tell him to leave madam just please give me another chance." I slightly begged she stared at me with a dead face "I'll teach you how to read and things, but in return you need to do as I say.. I have no problem punishing you between now and you coming upon England. This is you're last chance don't fuck it up" she said throwing away her semi cleaned plate

"You're the only one to have gotten captain to speak so much." One of the crew meme era said near me "Excuse me?" "She never speaks unless it's orders around the ship or consequences for our actions." He spoke "She's captain?" "Yes, she's a lot more than she looks she was once a slave they say.." I was about to reply when I thought about what she literally just said. I nodded a goodbye before throwing way my food and going back to the room, I got in and looked at the books and tried sounding out the titles. I heard the door open for the umpht time this morning

"Are you ready?" She asked but not much of a genuine like tone "Yes madam" I spoke "We'll start with letters and small words before reading actual books.. you have a long way before actually making this into something.." she said coming into the room. I hope I get somewhere with her...

---
So idk how imma update the first couple days of spring break but I'll try

-Scooby🐶